The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Maths Unit 3 Papers?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Need to get an A in Maths!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
@ Kieranw5 my teacher got a rough idea from aqa that 40 is an A and 50 was A* for specimen and so you may have not done as bad as you think. Also if anyone else interested I would say an A is 65-75% is an A and anything above is A*, but some theories are that an A can drop to 55% if really hard but go for 65-75% as that is a safe bet compared to 55%
@ revison how much do you need for an A ??? ( if you don't mind me asking )
Reply 43
Hi, has anyone found the practise paper set 3 mark scheme cause i'm having massive trouble finding it but i have done the paper itself and want to see what i scored. It would be nice if someone posted all 4 of the mark schemes as well.
Reply 44
tupac makaveli i think for a A you need a score of 48/80 because our whole class did a paper and i got 45/80 but i was 3 off an A. You also need 56 for an A* which is my target. Also in the previous exams i got pretty high A*s
Reply 45
Does anybody have Unit 3 set 3 mark schemes? edu-sol doesn't have it btw. I'll really appreciate it.
Reply 46
edu-sol has most of the papers and mark schemes back. The schemes for foundation sets 2, 3 and 4 are still missing.

Click Practice Papers
Reply 47
Cheers I didn't notice they were back up :smile:
Reply 48
thanks a bunch :smile:
Reply 49
Im having a bit of trouble with Quadratic graphs and co ordinate graphs... I don't really understand it. Does anyone have any links to any good explanations? :smile:
Reply 50
Original post by monica95
Does anyone have a list or anything of the things that we'll need to revise?

All I'm thinking of is:

Circle Thereoms (geometry)
Vectors
Enlargements and Transformations
Loci and Construction
Trigonometry
Quadratic Graphs

Does anyone for sure know any more? Cos I had such a poo teacher this year who never really told us

Here's a list of everything you need with the grade it is. Sorry of I miss anything out.
Simultaneous Equations (B)
Solve Quadratics by graph and equation (B-A*)
Trial and Improvement (C)
Expand Double Brackets (C/A)
Quadratic Graphs (C/B)
Rearranging Formula (C-A*)
Real Life Graphs (C-B)
Linear Graphs (D/C)
Expanding Simple Brackets (D/C)
Factorising (D-A*)
Solve Equations (D-B)
Area of a Triangle using 1/2 absinC (A/A*)
Vectors (A/A*)
Trigonometric Ratios (B)
Trigonometric Rules & rearranging them (A/A*)
Loci (B/A)
Constructions (B/A)
Pythagoras (C)
Transformations of Shapes and Graphs (C-A)
Circle Theorems (C-A*)
Angles - Exterior, Interior etc (D/C)
Volume (D-A*)
Area (D-A*)

That's the list I got given, but I can think of some others...

Reciprocal Graphs
Cos and Sin Graphs
Non-Linear Simultaneous Equations
Arcs and Sectors

Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 51
Original post by ads22uk
Im having a bit of trouble with Quadratic graphs and co ordinate graphs... I don't really understand it. Does anyone have any links to any good explanations? :smile:

http://www.examsolutions.co.uk/maths-revision/GCSE-index.php
Reply 52
Original post by Marky123
tupac makaveli i think for a A you need a score of 48/80 because our whole class did a paper and i got 45/80 but i was 3 off an A. You also need 56 for an A* which is my target. Also in the previous exams i got pretty high A*s

56 out of 80 for an A*...are you sure?
Original post by ads22uk
56 out of 80 for an A*...are you sure?

Hi,

I need roughly 63 on this paper to get an A* overall as I have one A and one A*, but I'm not certain as it depends on UMS more than raw marks. However some people in my year only need to get 40 ish to have an A* overall. Per paper the A* boundary is around the 60 -65 mark.

Hope that makes sense
Reply 54
well i may be mistaken but thats what i was told anyway good luck with your exams
Reply 55
Original post by Shivani Kotecha
Hi,

I need roughly 63 on this paper to get an A* overall as I have one A and one A*, but I'm not certain as it depends on UMS more than raw marks. However some people in my year only need to get 40 ish to have an A* overall. Per paper the A* boundary is around the 60 -65 mark.

Hope that makes sense

what are your UMS marks out of 180 for the first two papers?
Original post by ads22uk
what are your UMS marks out of 180 for the first two papers?

I don't know my total but I know in unit one I got 73 UMS which is an A* and I was one mark off an A* in unit two which is probably around 68 UMS. So roughly my total is 141. But I can't remember how much each paper is out of an the percentage weighting it counts - but I know unit 3 has the biggest weighting

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 57
I don't know my total but I know in unit one I got 73 UMS which is an A* and I was one mark off an A* in unit two which is probably around 68 UMS. So roughly my total is 141. But I can't remember how much each paper is out of an the percentage weighting it counts - but I know unit 3 has the biggest weighting

hmm 141 out of 180 would equate to 78% from the first 2 modules. An A* is 90% or more. This exam is worth 40% of the paper yeah so i guess if you've been told you need to aim for around 63 overall out of 80 marks then that would equate to a very high A* which is good!
That sounds about right, hopefully we all do well on the exam! 😄

Reply 59
That sounds about right, hopefully we all do well on the exam!

Shivani. do you need any Churchill AQA Unit 3 Papers??

Quick Reply