The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Marketing at Sheffield Hallam September 2012

Hey, anyone going to be studying Marketing at Sheffield Hallam in septemeber? I've only got 6 months to go so I thought I would start a thread to get talking to people.....I can't wait!
Reply 1
Me :smile: what acommodation's everyone after btw?
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
Reply 2
hey...Im looking at living at Victoria Hall, how about you?
Reply 3
yeah me too! where you from? you heard anything back on acommodation yet or been to any of the open days mate?
Reply 4
cool...I'm from the west mids, about 20 minutes from Birmingham, u? I don't think you hear back until they get your results so they know your definitely going to the uni.
Reply 5
I've applied for marketing! and I've also applied to vic hall accom!
Reply 6
looks like vic halls going to be a popular choice!
I've applied for Vic halls, but I'm gradually seeing how unlikley it is I'll actually get it! Trigon seems like a reasonable alternative.
Reply 8
I'm changing into Marketing Communications and Advertising from a different degree at Hallam. Feel free to ask some questions about Freshers, and general uni stuff.
Reply 9
Original post by J.R.W
I'm changing into Marketing Communications and Advertising from a different degree at Hallam. Feel free to ask some questions about Freshers, and general uni stuff.

Whats the university like?
Hows the night life?
Whats the best accommodation?
Reply 10
Original post by ali11
Whats the university like?
Hows the night life?
Whats the best accommodation?

The university is really good, I'm impressed by the help I've received from my tutors so far. You're also treated like an adult as opposed to school.

The night life is really good (ranked 10th in the country). There is literally so many placed to go. The drinks are really cheap too. On student night vodka mixers cost 80p.

Most of the accommodation is really good. I now live in Liberty Court which is really nice, but doesn't have a very big kitchen so socializing is difficult. Your best halls are: Victoria Halls, Trigon, Devonshire Courtyard, The Forge and Central Quay. Try and avoid places like Phoenix Court and Exchange Works.
Reply 11
Original post by J.R.W
The university is really good, I'm impressed by the help I've received from my tutors so far. You're also treated like an adult as opposed to school.

The night life is really good (ranked 10th in the country). There is literally so many placed to go. The drinks are really cheap too. On student night vodka mixers cost 80p.

Most of the accommodation is really good. I now live in Liberty Court which is really nice, but doesn't have a very big kitchen so socializing is difficult. Your best halls are: Victoria Halls, Trigon, Devonshire Courtyard, The Forge and Central Quay. Try and avoid places like Phoenix Court and Exchange Works.

Thanks for the feedback.
Reply 12
Original post by ali11
Thanks for the feedback.

No worries. Any other questions? Are you doing Marketing?
Reply 13
Original post by J.R.W
No worries. Any other questions? Are you doing Marketing?

No I've applied for Law and I have got a conditional offer. Do you have any friends who have taken law at hallam and if you do what have they said about the teaching and the content of the course.
Reply 14
No I can't say I do know anyone doing law at hallam, sorry. I know quite a lot of people at Sheffield uni doing it! I've heard it's a good course though I don't know any more than that.
Anyone taking Marketing Communications & Advertising this year? :smile:
wtf is hallam

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending