The Student Room Group

Australasia States

Hello all from Australasia - although it seems that is myself (New Zealand) and cl_steele (Australia) as Guinea is currently unrepresented and I can't find any other members from Australasia.

Thought we could get a conversation going and discuss any events/issues :smile:
Original post by hines
Hello all from Australasia - although it seems that is myself (New Zealand) and cl_steele (Australia) as Guinea is currently unrepresented and I can't find any other members from Australasia.

Thought we could get a conversation going and discuss any events/issues :smile:

not representing an Australasian nation, but you could look into setting up an Australasian League perhaps :holmes:

If you do I wish you better succes than the Arab League has had so far :/
Reply 2
Original post by Moleman1996
not representing an Australasian nation, but you could look into setting up an Australasian League perhaps :holmes:

If you do I wish you better succes than the Arab League has had so far :/

Guess it's not gone well for the Arab League so far? There isn't so much activity in Australasia, however it'd definitely be positive to become a more unified and recognised group.
I would say hold off on any "Australasia league" idea for now. We already have other leagues or unions on the go and each one of them is struggling in their own way despite having a keen start. I think we should be careful about starting something and then being unable to continue. Plus what would an Australasia league really bring?
Still that doesn't stop Australia and New Zealand working together for any reason. In fact there is no reason why two countries from anywhere can't work together. I hope everyone bears that in mind.
Reply 4
Original post by thunder_chunky
I would say hold off on any "Australasia league" idea for now. We already have other leagues or unions on the go and each one of them is struggling in their own way despite having a keen start. I think we should be careful about starting something and then being unable to continue. Plus what would an Australasia league really bring?
Still that doesn't stop Australia and New Zealand working together for any reason. In fact there is no reason why two countries from anywhere can't work together. I hope everyone bears that in mind.

It seems that would be the only way forward for us, because there are only two of us here in Australasia.
Original post by hines
Guess it's not gone well for the Arab League so far? There isn't so much activity in Australasia, however it'd definitely be positive to become a more unified and recognised group.

ye, activity levels are **** and we've had two things asking for submissions, none received :frown: Maybe for the future though :tongue:
Nauru would like to point out that we are a member of Australasia, even if we are pitifully tiny
Reply 7
Original post by Theflyingbarney
Nauru would like to point out that we are a member of Australasia, even if we are pitifully tiny

Ah good! I wasn't sure if there were other member states! Welcome from New Zealand :smile:
Australasian states may be interested in taking part in the proposed Shanghai Cooperation Organisation. Kiss and myself are hoping to create this regional bloc that includes Australia, New Zealand and their neighbours.
Reply 9
Original post by Birchington
Australasian states may be interested in taking part in the proposed Shanghai Cooperation Organisation. Kiss and myself are hoping to create this regional bloc that includes Australia, New Zealand and their neighbours.

We are intrigued. Could you PM me some more info/post it on here?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 10
ah so youre the one who took control over my old rep, take good care of the old girl :tongue:
Reply 11
Original post by Birchington

Yar i remember the thread for this, hows it coming along at the moment?
Reply 12
Original post by cl_steele
ah so youre the one who took control over my old rep, take good care of the old girl :tongue:

OOC: I shall try! Also representative for the Holy See (Vatican).

If Vanuatu isnt represented, then i could become its representative and then I could work with you guys :biggrin:
Reply 14
Original post by jakemittle
If Vanuatu isnt represented, then i could become its representative and then I could work with you guys :biggrin:

There is also Guinea which has no representative.

New Zealand would welcome a new potential member to a bond/Shanghai group.

Reply 15
New Zealand are now somewhat sceptical towards the 'Cross Asian Partnership,' because we feel it diminishes the involvement of Australasian members. We would like to see a change in name - because it would be more equal - and also a bigger sense of responsibility for some of the Australasian states. We feel it doesn't need to be almost a replica of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation, because there is clear interest from the above states and therefore instead of being 'observers,' we feel (even if a vote per country was required), that not just Asian countries should have large responsibilities.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending