The Student Room Group

How many BBA unis are there for History?

I know there is the entry requirements thread but I don't think it's up to date as it puts Lancaster as BBA-AAB when it is actually AAA. I've found it really hard to find a suitable uni with BBA entry requirements which I want as an insurance choice. So, could anyone provide an UP-TO-DATE list of suggestions of BBA for 2013 entry?
I don't want to go as far as Scotland, Wales or Ireland and I live in South Yorkshire so I've mostly picked Universities in Nothern England and the Midlands.
(edited 11 years ago)
Hull is ABB and is in the top 30 for History.
Reply 2
Although it's far from Yorkshire, quite a few London Uni requirements are ABB: Goldsmiths,Roehampton,Kingston, St Mary's.
Reply 3
Original post by Charliemouse
Hull is ABB and is in the top 30 for History.

Yes, I'm already aware of Hull actually. I wondered if there were anymore besides Hull but, considering that you have suggested it rather than another, it sounds like there aren't many universities offering a history course with ABB entry requirements.

Original post by EarthGirl
Although it's far from Yorkshire, quite a few London Uni requirements are ABB: Goldsmiths,Roehampton,Kingston, St Mary's.

As I said, I don't really want to go that far but thanks for the reply. :smile: I thought that it would probably be the case that any offers of ABB would be further afield anyway. I just wondered if anyone knew of any which weren't in case I'd just missed them.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by historygirl
Yes, I'm already aware of Hull actually. I wondered if there were anymore besides Hull but, considering that you have suggested it rather than another, it sounds like there aren't many universities offering a history course with ABB entry requirements.

As I said, I don't really want to go that far but thanks for the reply. :smile: I thought that it would probably be the case that any offers of ABB would be further afield anyway. I just wondered if anyone knew of any which weren't in case I'd just missed them.

Entry requirements are mainly a factor of supply and demand, and with the new fees situation and the worry that people will choose to do science or engineering degrees rather than history or politics, you might find the entry requirements bouncing around or acceptances happening despite being below the offer. Lancaster is known for making the requirements (and often offers) high but letting in people with much lower grades than that. Glasgow has at various times been AAA and offered everyone expected to receive that a place, or ABB and then rejected about 75% of the applicants (as the lower requirement attracts more of them) even if they went on to get AAA- Scotland has traditionally had 'low' entry requirements for A-level students anway because there's one more year in Scotland and thus first year is a pretty slow pace for those doing A2. Admissions aren't an exact science and not normally equitable with course or institutional quality. I'd be inclined to apply around by a grade or two and see what happens.

Also, in Yorkshire you can get a train to places in Scotland as easily as you can get to some far closer places- a 125mph rail link means I can get to London from Glasgow in only about an hour more than it takes me to get from Oxford to Cambridge, which are only about 90 miles apart, on the bus. If you're near one of those you can probably take in a lot of universities and still only be a couple of hours from home.

Anyway, Keele is ABB, as are some of Leicester's courses, as are the joint-honours history degrees at Loughborough. If not too far away, Essex is another option and I suppose Northumbria and Hertfordshire are worth a look too.
Reply 5
Reply 6
Original post by historygirl
I know there is the entry requirements thread but I don't think it's up to date as it puts Lancaster as BBA-AAB when it is actually AAA. I've found it really hard to find a suitable uni with BBA entry requirements which I want as an insurance choice. So, could anyone provide an UP-TO-DATE list of suggestions of BBA for 2013 entry?
I don't want to go as far as Scotland, Wales or Ireland and I live in South Yorkshire so I've mostly picked Universities in Nothern England and the Midlands.

Reading

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending