The Student Room Group

Job just for Summer?

If you apply for a job do you have to state straight away you'll only be with the company temporarily or can you remain with them over Summer and then leave within the time of your notice period or transfer to the uni of your choice?

As in, if I wanted just a Summer job would I have to make that clear at the time of interview or could I just mention it at a later stage?
How old are you?
Reply 2
Original post by chelseafan
How old are you?

Reply 3
- bump -
Reply 4
hey there, i'm also applying for jobs...normally they'll ask during the interview/application. So i would state it during interview i guess, i think its best if you do so as remember you'd wanna make a good impression for them during period for references but im sure they'll ask you. What places are you applying to anyway?
Reply 5
Depends what the job is advertised as. If its for a permanent position, stating in your application that you only want to work there for a short period of time is likely to lead to your application being rejected at the first stage.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 6
Original post by Dude6230
hey there, i'm also applying for jobs...normally they'll ask during the interview/application. So i would state it during interview i guess, i think its best if you do so as remember you'd wanna make a good impression for them during period for references but im sure they'll ask you. What places are you applying to anyway?

To be fair, I'm not having much luck on the job front at the moment anyway but I'll mention that I'm considering uni. Hopefully I'll be faaabulous and they'll transfer me haha unlikely

I was gonna go down the office route but I haaate answering phones with a passion :') so I'm just aiming for kind of warehouses, primark, known stores i guess. how about you? any luck so far?
Reply 7
I'd just state that you're going to be temporary, at the golf course a lot of waiters are uni students who come home for the summer and use the job to raise money for their next year at uni, come september they go uni never to be seen again
Reply 8
Original post by raechelle
To be fair, I'm not having much luck on the job front at the moment anyway but I'll mention that I'm considering uni. Hopefully I'll be faaabulous and they'll transfer me haha unlikely

I was gonna go down the office route but I haaate answering phones with a passion :') so I'm just aiming for kind of warehouses, primark, known stores i guess. how about you? any luck so far?

sorry for the late response, yh, having trouble also. I applied Mcd's, boots,zara kfc, you name it. I know what you mean, I worked in an office for work experience and there wasn't much to do...it got quite a bit boring after a while.
How're you getting along?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending