The Student Room Group

C2 June 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by larryj
I can I just say that this isnt helping anyone and to post "answers" it is against forum rules. this makes people panic. DO NOT POST ANSWERS ON THE SAME DAY OF THE EXAM! it says quite clear!

It actually makes me feel better knowing I've done something right.
Reply 21
Original post by larryj
I can I just say that this isnt helping anyone and to post "answers" it is against forum rules. this makes people panic. DO NOT POST ANSWERS ON THE SAME DAY OF THE EXAM! it says quite clear!

Where is this written? Sorry I haven't read anything that applies to CCEA. If this is so I will delete the post if required.
Original post by larryj

This is CCEA. It says quite clear that the CCEA exams are sat at the same time in all centres, so they can be discussed whenever.

Exams from the examination boards AQA, OCR, CCEA, WJEC and CIE (other than orals) are fine to talk about straight after the exams because exams from these boards take place at the same time in all centres.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 23
Original post by Micky76
CCEA C2 June 2012 answers:

1i. (3,-2)
1ii. -3/4
1iii. 3y = 4x + 7

2a)i. 104 degrees
2a)ii. 290 cm^2
2b)i. 54 cm^2
2b)ii. 33 cm

3i. http://www.wolframalpha.com./input/?i=y+%3D+cos2x
3ii. pi = 180 degrees
3iii. pi/6 , 5pi/6 , 7pi/6 , 11pi/6

4a. 1 + 2x + 1.8x^2 + 0.96x^3
4b. i.
Year 1: 900
Year 2: 820
Year 3: 756
4bii. un+1 = 0.8un + 100
4biii. limit = 500

5i. a = 5, b = 3
5ii. 6.5m
5iii. 07:24

6a. 2.5x^2 + 0.75x^(4/3) + 7x + c
6b. 2 units^2

7a. 1.5 or -1.5
7b. r=0.8

8i. http://www.rapidtables.com/math/algebra/logarithm/Logarithm_Base_Change.htm

8ii. x = 4 or 16

If there is any mistakes please shout :smile:.

I can't see anything wrong with these, got exactly the same.

Is this your second attempt at home?
Reply 24
Original post by CD315
I can't see anything wrong with these, got exactly the same.

Is this your second attempt at home?

Yes it is, I think its all right, I did useless in the actual test
Reply 25
Original post by Micky76
Yes it is, I think its all right, I did useless in the actual test

The only thing I'm thinking I may lose a mark in, is 7a. There was actually another answer for r; -1. If you divided through by (1+r^3) you lost this answer, but its actually not valid because it would then make 'a' 0 and there would be no GP. Maybe lose a mark for not acknowledging this?
Reply 26
Original post by CD315
The only thing I'm thinking I may lose a mark in, is 7a. There was actually another answer for r; -1. If you divided through by (1+r^3) you lost this answer, but its actually not valid because it would then make 'a' 0 and there would be no GP. Maybe lose a mark for not acknowledging this?

Hmmm, that's an interesting one. If you had the +-1.5 and -1 then I think you could get the full marks. By the way congratulations on your result, you done well especially with that logs proof which I'm furious about. :mad:
Reply 27
Original post by Micky76
Hmmm, that's an interesting one. If you had the +-1.5 and -1 then I think you could get the full marks. By the way congratulations on your result, you done well especially with that logs proof which I'm furious about. :mad:

I didn't even have the -1 though, I cancelled the (1+r^3) on both sides, like the silly person I am. Can't belive I divided through by a variable :facepalm:
Reply 28
Original post by CD315
I didn't even have the -1 though, I cancelled the (1+r^3) on both sides, like the silly person I am. Can't belive I divided through by a variable :facepalm:

As you said though, its not valid. As long as you equated two equations with the (1+r^3) on one side of the two, then cross multiplied, cancelled a and simplified and got +-1.5 the you're fine, full marks for that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending