The Student Room Group

What do you think will come up in the 12th june history exam French revolution.

What do you predict for the French revolution exam? I'm hoping for a question on the origins of the 1789 rev, they're usually the easiest. I'm
Not sure about what might come up though. My teacher said that Napoleon's domestic policies probably won't because it came up last year.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 1
Original post by Chennade
What do you predict for the French revolution exam? I'm hoping for a question on the origins of the 1789 rev, they're usually the easiest. I'm
Not sure about what might come up though. My teacher said that Napoleon's domestic policies probably won't because it came up last year.

a question on the french revolution
Reply 2
Original post by dongonaeatu
a question on the french revolution

Thanks for that. -_-

Reply 3
Thanks for that. -_-

lol

early revolution 1789 stuff was on last year, and the year before was the terror and the charter. the directory hasnt been on yet but i cant think of what a question for it will be seeing as theres so little
I'm very fuzzy on the Bourbon restoration which is not in the Textbook, anyone have a good website where I can learn what happens?

Thanks!

Original post by bethanysmith
early revolution 1789 stuff was on last year, and the year before was the terror and the charter. the directory hasnt been on yet but i cant think of what a question for it will be seeing as theres so little

:lolwut: Lots of things happen in the Directory...
Original post by Brand New Eyes

:lolwut: Lots of things happen in the Directory...

not in comparision to napoleon, the revolution and the bourbon restoration. there's the financial reforms and the coups? thats it.
Reply 7
anyone else doing 1814-1875? I wish we were doing 1789 revolution/napoleon :/
not in comparision to napoleon, the revolution and the bourbon restoration. there's the financial reforms and the coups? thats it.

they attempt to overhaul the political system making it democratic

end the Terror, provide stability and end the dominance of the sans-culottes and further revolutionary insurgency

put down opposition in provinces - white terror

Bring peace with foreign powers for a few years, but then wage war on them again (Napoleon and French armies manage to annex various states or create satellites in the countries bordering France such as Belgium and Lombardy. winning the right bank of the Rhine from Prussia etc.)

longest standing revolutionary govt. (up to that point)
Original post by Brand New Eyes
they attempt to overhaul the political system making it democratic

end the Terror, provide stability and end the dominance of the sans-culottes and further revolutionary insurgency

put down opposition in provinces - white terror

Bring peace with foreign powers for a few years, but then wage war on them again (Napoleon and French armies manage to annex various states or create satellites in the countries bordering France such as Belgium and Lombardy. winning the right bank of the Rhine from Prussia etc.)

longest standing revolutionary govt. (up to that point)

end of the terror isnt the directory, the thermidorian reaction takes place when the national convention is in place

i see what you mean about the wars and things but we learned when we did napoleon as we linked it to his rise to power, sorry
end of the terror isnt the directory, the thermidorian reaction takes place when the national convention is in place

i see what you mean about the wars and things but we learned when we did napoleon as we linked it to his rise to power, sorry

It's like the pre-Directory. The official Terror ends with the Coup of Thermidor and the dissolving of the Terror mostly in the Thermidorian Reaction continues into the Directory.
Reply 11
I'm doing it and I'm terrified. I think I just about have 1789 - 1799 sorted but 1786-89 is a mystery to me I'll need to read up on that.

I'm doing controversy 2 so I'm just reading through Napoleon's stuff now trying to specifically address the main bullet points. As others have said, the Bourbon restoration is a bit of a worry - I doubt I could write an essay about it with more than 2 or 3 points o_o

If anyone wants to help me then go for it lol! On the bright side, I think I just need to get an E in this exam to give me a B overall. If I want an A overall then I'll need an A in this exam (not sure how that works but...) so I've pretty much said goodbye to any hope of an A now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending