The Student Room Group

My Body Transformation - 1 Year 9 Months - Skinny to Muscle

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by DorianGrayism
Inspirational stuff. I am just starting going to the gym seriously so it is great to see video's like this and the results on them.

Glad you got some inspiration! Thank you

Original post by Ryan_94
Mate, for under two years, that's like best case scenario! You went from skinny to ****ing huge man! Well done, mirin'.

Thanks man. Appreciate it

Original post by CasualSoul
well done:smile:

Original post by Chrisateen
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: Best transformation on TSR. In under 2 years you made soo much progress imagine how you will look in 5 years time

Wow. Thank you. I'm very happy with how it turned out

Original post by lebron_23
Wow, how did you do that?!?!? You must teach me master..

But seriously, i'm all good with the ripped bit (i reckon i'm pretty ripped) but how did you get bigger man????

Need to know your secret...

Hard work, dedication, NUTRITION.

Eat lots!
Reply 41
Original post by Miryo
How did you do the cutting part? I've been trying to slim down for a while but I havent found an efficient way of doing it.

Original post by anonstudent1
Great effort! Would like to hear your routine and roughly what your diet was if you have time.

Original post by Mr.mAddd
what's your routine and diet like?

I am working on getting some workouts out.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 42
My question is where did you find the most information and advice?
Is there a certain link for example that gave you guidance on what sort of routine to follow?
Reply 43
Original post by Luxray
My question is where did you find the most information and advice?
Is there a certain link for example that gave you guidance on what sort of routine to follow?

There was the basics. Such as learning about calories/body energy/water

But the actual workouts were mostly experimental. Everyone is different. Some people respond to high reps, other to low reps. It's all trial and error.
(edited 11 years ago)
I just wanted to ask you how did you know if the bulk is going well or not. Also how do you know when its time to cut. Did you judge it by time, the scale or how you look in the mirror.

I'm asking as I'm female and also looking to bulk this winter after losing soo much weight (plan to cut again in the summer). Oviously I won't make the same gains as a guy as I'm a woman and also I just want to look a bit more athletic . However I lost weight and still look a bit skinny fat in some areas and don't want to go down to a very low weight before I look ok. Just be nice to get some advice.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 45
Original post by Chrisateen
I just wanted to ask you how did you know if the bulk is going well or not. Also how do you know when its time to cut. Did you judge it by time, the scale or how you look in the mirror.

I'm asking as I'm female and also looking to bulk this winter after losing soo much weight (plan to cut again in the summer). Oviously I won't make the same gains as a guy as I'm a woman and also I just want to look a bit more athletic . However I lost weight and still look a bit skinny fat in some areas and don't want to go down to a very low weight before I look ok. Just be nice to get some advice.

The way I new the bulk was going well was that my lifts were increasing. A steady increase in what you can lift. I also looked at the scale once a week to see that I was putting on weight. And obviously the mirror.

I knew it was time to cut by finding my bodyfat % during my bulk. I then asked what I wanted my bf to be after my cut (I aimed for 8/9 %). So lets say you were 20% bf at 90kg, then 18kg of that 90kg is fat. So then calculate accordingly how much fat you will have left if you will get to 8/9%. The I gave myself the goal of losing 1 lbs per week (since this will not sacrifice muscle mass as much as say losing 5 lbs per week) So if you wanted to lose 5 kg then that is 11 lbs which means you could do that in 11 weeks.

I hope this explains it. It's rather hard to explain it over writing.
Original post by jacky__jacky
The way I new the bulk was going well was that my lifts were increasing. A steady increase in what you can lift. I also looked at the scale once a week to see that I was putting on weight. And obviously the mirror.

I knew it was time to cut by finding my bodyfat % during my bulk. I then asked what I wanted my bf to be after my cut (I aimed for 8/9 %). So lets say you were 20% bf at 90kg, then 18kg of that 90kg is fat. So then calculate accordingly how much fat you will have left if you will get to 8/9%. The I gave myself the goal of losing 1 lbs per week (since this will not sacrifice muscle mass as much as say losing 5 lbs per week) So if you wanted to lose 5 kg then that is 11 lbs which means you could do that in 11 weeks.

I hope this explains it. It's rather hard to explain it over writing.

I think I understand what you mean. Thanks for the tips
Reply 47
Hey.

I'd just like to post my transformation on here.

I decided to become healthier and now I feel so much better than before. My body also looks way better.

Please check out the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mKGiGpMNi4

Please like the video, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks

I'm happy to answer any questions.

woah...thats awesome mate........just got a quick question?

can you write out your entire routine please....like sets,reps...and even meals?....

im a complete n00b and i dont know anything....

give a little back to the skinny guys and do something good.... :biggrin:
Reply 48
Original post by catjaum
woah...thats awesome mate........just got a quick question?

can you write out your entire routine please....like sets,reps...and even meals?....

im a complete n00b and i dont know anything....

give a little back to the skinny guys and do something good.... :biggrin:

Thank you for your words.
I will post my routine soon on here.

What stage are you at? Are you just starting or have you been gyming without success?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 49
Thank you for your words.

What stage are you at? Are you just starting or have you been gyming without success?

gymming for 5 years with not much success.....i wanna look like an IFBB pro....but im no where near that level :frown:

check out this pic....so u can gather where im at right now...

thread i made a few weeks ago

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2012529

can u offer me any tips?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 50
Original post by catjaum
gymming for 5 years with not much success.....i wanna look like an IFBB pro....but im no where near that level :frown:

check out this pic....so u can gather where im at right now...

thread i made a few weeks ago

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2012529

can u offer me any tips?

Well for starters you will have no chance of being an IFBB Pro unless you make bodybuilding your full time profession. It is the hardest and most dedication profession out there imo.

You look good. Maybe you just need to change up your routine. Get a solid diet on the go.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 51
Well for starters you will have no chance of being an IFBB Pro unless you make bodybuilding your full time profession. It is the hardest and most dedication profession out there imo.

You look good. Maybe you just need to change up your routine. Get a solid diet on the go.

not sure if serious :s-smilie: .....
(edited 11 years ago)
From a feminine perspective, that's pretty impressive hahahaha :colondollar:
Also, nice music :biggrin:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 53
annoying video, just post pics!
Reply 54
Original post by Pitt1988
a year of eating like a horse and lifting like a boss and nine months to lose the fat.

If you change the structure of the sentence a bit, you can turn this into a rap song :biggrin:
Reply 55
OP just had a look at your Vid; amazing! :eek:

must be very hard to cut all that fat!; you were quite big! 200lbs!? :eek:

I bet the GF really likes you now :biggrin:

Congrats again :smile:
Hi, I have 4 simple questions about bulking and I'd really appreciate it if they were answered, thanks :cool:

- Right now I'm at 160 lbs and similar body shape to your second set of photos, for how long should I continue bulking?
- What should my calorie surplus be?
- My Basal Metabolic Rate is 1800, what should my maintenance level be if I do a 3 day split?
- Should I do some cardio on off days or just leave it out completely?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 57
Original post by catjaum
not sure if serious :s-smilie: .....

100% serious. Have you seen those guys? They're mad. I don't think they have full time jobs outside of training.

Original post by such_a_lady
From a feminine perspective, that's pretty impressive hahahaha :colondollar:
Also, nice music :biggrin:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Thank you

Original post by kka25
OP just had a look at your Vid; amazing! :eek:

must be very hard to cut all that fat!; you were quite big! 200lbs!? :eek:

I bet the GF really likes you now :biggrin:

Congrats again :smile:

Thank you.

She actually prefers me before I changed my body but hey ho. Haters gonna hate

Original post by The Doggfather
Hi, I have 4 simple questions about bulking and I'd really appreciate it if they were answered, thanks :cool:

- Right now I'm at 160 lbs and similar body shape to your second set of photos, for how long should I continue bulking?
- What should my calorie surplus be?
- My Basal Metabolic Rate is 1800, what should my maintenance level be if I do a 3 day split?
- Should I do some cardio on off days or just leave it out completely?

1)Hard to say without pics.
2)When bulking you want a 500 calorie surplus.
3)Maintenance will be around 2400 on non workout days and 2550 on workout days.. - very approx. Depends how active you are...
4)I did no specific cardio but my workouts were always intense enough to be working me aerobically. When cutting I incorporated cardio but not much. Mostly my diet
Reply 58

She actually prefers me before I changed my body but hey ho. Haters gonna hate

They would never be happy with anything wouldn't they :colonhash:

But again, good work mate :smile:
Reply 59
Original post by kka25
They would never be happy with anything wouldn't they :colonhash:

But again, good work mate :smile:

I know .. Hahah You can't bloody win!

Quick Reply

Latest