The Student Room Group

strange combination of Alevels?

I'm just in the process of finishing GCSES and need to finalise my AS-Level choices.

Right now, Maths, German and French are definite subjects, but its the fourth AS I can't decide on: Geography or Physics?

In the end, I'm thinking of Languages (teaching) at University, Primary teaching or perhaps accountancy!

any advice?
The one that you would enjoy more and therefore do better at. Physics isnt required for any of your future careers so i would say pick geography.
Reply 2
Pure and Applied Mathematics is extremely like Physics as far as I recall and I found both very hard despite getting an A in Maths at GCSE.

What I'm saying is that Geography will probably be a lot easier than those 2 subjects.

Do you need A-Level Mathematics to get in to the university of your choice for Accountancy?
Original post by jcm222
I'm just in the process of finishing GCSES and need to finalise my AS-Level choices.

Right now, Maths, German and French are definite subjects, but its the fourth AS I can't decide on: Geography or Physics?

In the end, I'm thinking of Languages (teaching) at University, Primary teaching or perhaps accountancy!

any advice?

Physics; if you change your mind about what you want to do, you could go into Engineering, Maths, Physics, teaching Physics and/or Maths in a secondary school etc, none of which you'd have a shot at getting into without A-level Physics.
Reply 4
Yeah, I dont need maths, but really like it, and I've heard Physics can be similar so I was thinking that.
But I know Geography is probably easier also, thanks for your help all of you!

Quick Reply

Latest