The Student Room Group

June 12 2012 aqa biology gcse???

Is anyone doing the unit 1 exam for biology on june 12 2012?? For the aqa board? Xx

Scroll to see replies

I am! What are all the subjects that will be covered? Kinda nervous :confused:
Reply 2
Yup! Doing that one on Tuesday!
Reply 3
Everything will be covered. How are you lot feeling about it?? How are you revising? Have you revised?
so nervous! how much have you guys revised?
Reply 5
What do you think the grade boundaries would be cos i am sitting it too??
Reply 6
I think theyll be pretty high.

A* 50/60
A 43/60
B 34/60
C 26/60
Reply 7
we'll have to ace all the six mark questions cos probably there would be around 2-3 of them in bio
Reply 8
80% for an A* apparently!
Reply 9
Original post by memoona123456
80% for an A* apparently!

Yeah. That's true!
I rekon genetic engineering and more stuff on diet and exercise will come up as it hasan't been in recent past papers.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 11
I think it will be higher than 80% as the jan paper was 80% (48/60)and they said they will make the grade boundaries harder like 50/60 soo thats like 83%
Original post by ma1996leb
I think it will be higher than 80% as the jan paper was 80% (48/60)and they said they will make the grade boundaries harder like 50/60 soo thats like 83%

Who said? The exam board? (I think 48/60 like you said was a* on jan 2012): But also they must have a minumum of people getting grades, eg. if the exam is hard: lower the boundarys.
Reply 13
yh i hope it is 48/60 but it is all down to how hard it is
Reply 14
has any one got any revision like papers and questions for the test. not the specimen or january paper ?!?!?
Reply 15
yh the end of topic assessments that have been created by the sciencelab for the newspec here is an example http://store.aqa.org.uk/sciencelab/AQA-4401-W-ETAQP-B1.2.PDF
if u want to get others just google aqa end of topic assessments ---then write b1.5 for example
Reply 16
I'm doing it too:biggrin: so scared though :frown:
Reply 17
I made some Biology notes for B1 - Aqa,

Here they are:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2026306
Hopefully six marker won't be one of those "evaluate" ones; they're so tedious and marked so harshly.
Reply 19
I am also doing the exam,having trouble revising. What sort of this is everybody revising, because i have no clue about any of it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending