The Student Room Group

Successful weight loss tablets

Hi

Does anyone out there know of any successful weight loss tablets? I really want to discover some that actually work despite seeing them advertised everywhere! I don't want to pay to take tablets which will do nothing but don't want to risk my life either!

I'm starting to eat more healthily and get back to the gym but want to loose weight before holiday and tummy and leg fat is sooooo stubborn!

Thanks.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hana_87
Hi

Does anyone out there know of any successful weight loss tablets? I really want to discover some that actually work despite seeing them advertised everywhere! I don't want to pay to take tablets which will do nothing but don't want to risk my life either!

I'm starting to eat more healthily and get back to the gym but want to loose weight before holiday and tummy and leg fat is sooooo stubborn!

Thanks.

Yes. However if you don't know of them already I doubt you will be able to acquire them. They aren't in shops, it's a kind of 'have to know a guy' situation. There is no effective legal weight loss pill. They range from somewhat iffy to illegal.

You have to pick one or the other, health or ones that work.

Also, with one notable exception, weight loss pills don't just burn fat away. You still need to diet and exercise.
Reply 2
Taking weight loss tablets is stupid. Especially when you are not even overweight.
Reply 3
Hi, I have recently been to see a dietician, who told me that there are weight loss 'aid' tablets that I can take.
They have to be taken WITH a healthy diet in place, and regular excercise (though the excercise for me is minimum as I have a chronic pain condition).
They help burn off the excess fat while excercising and they stop some of the fat from foods being absorbed.

I think the best thing to do is to see a dietician. I'm hoping you're in the UK, as all of this is then free.

Good luck. X
Reply 4
Everyone is going to reply and tell you that the best method for losing fat is a healthy diet and exercise. And they are right.

However, if youre adamant that you want to take them, and you want them to be legal then id suggest Hot Rox extreme. http://www.google.co.uk/products/catalog?q=hot+rox+extreme&hl=en&safe=off&client=safari&rls=en&prmd=imvns&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&biw=1328&bih=873&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=13107086392492015076&sa=X&ei=V6HFT_3bCISk0AXb87XdBQ&ved=0CFgQ8wIwAA#ps-sellers

I took these for a while, and combined with a healthy diet and exercise, they seemed to increase the rate of weight loss. No doubt people on here will disagree with this, and to be honest, im generally very sceptical about legal weight loss pills, just from personal experience, these did have an effect.

As a side note, taking them isnt pleasurable. Firstly, the price, they arent cheap. Secondly, they bring on hot flushes, and when you first start taking them, slight dizziness. When you swallow them it feels like they are stuck in your throat and cause you to burp (which for some reason tastes of raspberries.) If you take them around meal time, be prepared to feel sick, and likely throw up.
Reply 5
alli work I am told. Be warned however, if your diet contains more than about 3% fat you are likely to suffer from an oily anal discharge... ie. you'll constantly poo your pants. Personally i feel that the ability to buy these pills as an over the counter medication borders upon the absurd. Anyway, if you really want to lose weight and are obese, these may help you.

However, to be perfectly honest, seeing as they prevent fat reabsorption and therefore limit your fat intake anyway (unless you want a leaky bumhole), you may as well just opt for a healthy diet and exercise.

If it's any motivation for you, I lost 11 stone through exercising and not eating as much. Although I am a bit of a health freak these days. All it takes is motivation.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 6
Hang on a second... is that you in the profile picture?

Why exactly do you want to lose weight? You certainly don't seem as if you need diet pills! If you want to do anything just get yourself out and about! Perhaps a couple of gym sessions a week and you'll be at peak fitness in no time at all!

Seriously, you look stunning in your profile photo... (if that is you). Don't worry about crash dieting, it won't be doing you any favours!
You can't spot reduce fat whether you're losing that fat with diet pills or through diet and exercise. You'd be better getting into a routine of eating well and exercise regularly, and you should see improvements. If you don't want to lose weight all over, then a better option would probably be to eat PLENTY and start lifting weights to try and build muscle. You will weigh more, but your measurements will go down.
Can you get gyms in tablet form?

Seriously, it's much healthier to lose weight naturally.
If you have to take anything just get the legal ones like "adios" or whatever they're called. They probably don't work, but that's my point entirely - the placebo effect might work for you instead. All that being said, I agree with some posters above - you really do not look like you need such pills at all!
Reply 10
Adderall, people use it for extreme studying AND for extreme weight loss.
google for more info

It's legal here but it's hardly ever given out and it's prescribed for ADD
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by neom
Adderall, people use it for extreme studying AND for extreme weight loss.
google for more info

It's legal here but it's hardly ever given out and it's prescribed for ADD

so its not legal then is it...
Ec stack
Yohimbine
Green tea

Have been shown to suppress appetite and/or boost metabolism slightly. Still need a calorie deficit though unfortunately!
Reply 13
Original post by sconter
so its not legal then is it...

It's legal as long it's prescribed. It's just hard to get it in the first place
Reply 14
Original post by neom
It's legal as long it's prescribed. It's just hard to get it in the first place

so are almost all steroids, growth hormone, opiates etc etc.

not legal, unless prescribed.

adderal is a class b drug.
Original post by sconter
so are almost all steroids, growth hormone, opiates etc etc.

not legal, unless prescribed.

adderal is a class b drug.

The internet is a wonderful place :wink:
Reply 16
Original post by Scoobiedoobiedo
The internet is a wonderful place :wink:

yea i know, but theres no point pointing out they are 'legal' if thats the route ur going :smile:
Yes, there is. It's called moving more and eating less and it's very effective.
Reply 18
Original post by Hanshen
Hang on a second... is that you in the profile picture?

Why exactly do you want to lose weight? You certainly don't seem as if you need diet pills! If you want to do anything just get yourself out and about! Perhaps a couple of gym sessions a week and you'll be at peak fitness in no time at all!

Seriously, you look stunning in your profile photo... (if that is you). Don't worry about crash dieting, it won't be doing you any favours!

That is me in the profile picture, yes. And i just do :frown:
Amphetamine, Ketamine.

Create a calorie defecit, go to the gym.

Latest