The Student Room Group
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde

Accommodation at Strathclyde University

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alaska.
I think they send them out by end of june (30th or something). At least that's what I've been told :wink:

I truly hope so! The wait is such a pain in the butt. :tongue:
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde
Reply 121
Hi, I'm from Luxembourg and hoping to be accepted at Strathclyde, but I haven't got my results yet. Until when do I have to apply to SAAS?
Reply 122
Original post by steph.b
Hi, I'm from Luxembourg and hoping to be accepted at Strathclyde, but I haven't got my results yet. Until when do I have to apply to SAAS?

Oh that is a bit strange, were you a late applicant? I would try phoning them up, because SAAS deadline is 30th June. What did you apply for?! :smile:
Reply 123
Original post by FinnLassie
I truly hope so! The wait is such a pain in the butt. :tongue:

Haha, agreed. I am still waiting for everything: Confirmation of my documents by Strathclyde (Changing my Conditional to Successful), my SAAS confirmation and my accomodation application :frown: One of them would be a good start for me :P I want to finally have everything sorted out!
Reply 124
Original post by alaska.
Oh that is a bit strange, were you a late applicant? I would try phoning them up, because SAAS deadline is 30th June. What did you apply for?! :smile:

I meant my exam results from school, I'll only have them by 7th July!

I applied for JCW At Strathclyde and got a conditional offer! Is it possible to apply at SAAS even if you don't already whether you will be accepted or not?

What did you apply for?
Original post by alaska.
Haha, agreed. I am still waiting for everything: Confirmation of my documents by Strathclyde (Changing my Conditional to Successful), my SAAS confirmation and my accomodation application :frown: One of them would be a good start for me :P I want to finally have everything sorted out!

I should honestly get my Finnish government student funding stuff sorted before it's the busy season (locals get to know the unis they got into mid July) so that I can sort out my funds and loan early enough. Everything else besides the accommodation is set then. :eek:
Reply 126
I should honestly get my Finnish government student funding stuff sorted before it's the busy season (locals get to know the unis they got into mid July) so that I can sort out my funds and loan early enough. Everything else besides the accommodation is set then. :eek:

Oh wow :redface: you get funding from your government? That's pretty good. Sounds reasonable, that's why I wanted to apply for SAAS early as well. :biggrin: Wow, that sounds pretty good! Did you get your letter of award from SAAS yet? :smile:

Do you mind me asking what your new avatar shows? :h: I wondered, but couldn't make it out.
Original post by alaska.
Oh wow :redface: you get funding from your government? That's pretty good. Sounds reasonable, that's why I wanted to apply for SAAS early as well. :biggrin: Wow, that sounds pretty good! Did you get your letter of award from SAAS yet? :smile:

Do you mind me asking what your new avatar shows? :h: I wondered, but couldn't make it out.

Yeah, I'll be getting around 500 euros per month and it includes the study fund and accommodation fund. I'll probably get a loan of about 400e per month as well. No wonder our taxes are so high. :biggrin:

I got it back in April already, about a week after I applied.

My avatar has half of the Finnish Coat of arms and the Scottish Royal Standard in a more coat of arms shape. They're kinda similar so I thought, why not. :tongue:
Original post by imonlylittle
I got my award letter, saying I was getting the minimum until I send them lots of proof and stuff to prove I need the maximum... mines came relatively quick, around 2 weeks maximum :smile:
Although I had already sent away all the supporting documents, so I'm going to call them on Monday just to be sure they got them...
Maybe you should try calling them just to be sure they got your application? Better to be sure... :smile:

Thanks for the advice! I'm an international student, though. So I will only be getting the tuition fee covered. Which, I believe, is the bare minimum. Your letter probably came sooner because you are a Scottish student (or maybe you're international as well, I'm not sure).
I made my application online and where you can check the status of your application it says that my letter of award was issued on 26 May 2012, so they definitely received it. I'll be sending in additional documents that they need via email as well, so it should all be done before the 30th of June at the latest.

Original post by alaska.

I'll also be receiving financial support from my government. It's much less than FinnLassie, but still €288,- per month which will definitely help! But I won't be taking a loan, so I will still have to get a parttime job.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 129
Original post by KiaraMarissa
Thanks for the advice! I'm an international student, though. So I will only be getting the tuition fee covered. Which, I believe, is the bare minimum. Your letter probably came sooner because you are a Scottish student (or maybe you're international as well, I'm not sure).
I made my application online and where you can check the status of your application it says that my letter of award was issued on 26 May 2012, so they definitely received it. I'll be sending in additional documents that they need via email as well, so it should all be done before the 30th of June at the latest.

I'll also be receiving financial support from my government. It's much less than FinnLassie, but still €288,- per month which will definitely help! But I won't be taking a loan, so I will still have to get a parttime job.

A friend of mine studied at Glasgow University a few years ago, and although we receive student finance from Luxembourg as well, he did not have to pay ANY of his tuition fees. He told me that when I am going to apply to SAAS as a fresher, there will be no problem when you are late, as many of the freshers only get their response from the unis after 30thJune.
He said that I'd get a bill from the university and that I'll have to send it to them and that they' ll cover all of it(tuition fees).
Reply 130
Original post by alaska.
Ahh, okay! So at least you didn't have to face any trouble trying to enter a club :biggrin: My boyfriend was 17 in Freshers' Week and hated that!! But glad to see that the age differences won't matter so much :smile:

Oh, that's really cool :smile: Thomas Campbell looks really nice! Now I am thinking I should have put down Thomas Campbell/ James Blyth as first choice, not Garnett Hall .... seems to be a bit more lively in Thomas Campbell. Do you know if you can submit another form if you changed your mind? :biggrin: :h: (I think read that somewhere but don't remember where....)

I don't know, you can try to email Accommodation Office. It seems like Forbes and Garnett are the most popular ones. There were many people at Thomas Campbell (including me) who actually wanted to get to Forbes/Garnett. But anyway, price is not very different, so it should be fine. Garnett and Forbes are really nice :smile:
Reply 131
Original post by steph.b
I meant my exam results from school, I'll only have them by 7th July!

I applied for JCW At Strathclyde and got a conditional offer! Is it possible to apply at SAAS even if you don't already whether you will be accepted or not?

What did you apply for?

Hi,

You shouldn't wait for your results before applying to SAAS. If you don't get accepted to university, you can just call/email them and cancel your application. It happened to a couple of my friends, there was no problem in cancelling the whole thing.

Anyway, I hope you will get accepted :smile:
Reply 132
Original post by Catta
I don't know, you can try to email Accommodation Office. It seems like Forbes and Garnett are the most popular ones. There were many people at Thomas Campbell (including me) who actually wanted to get to Forbes/Garnett. But anyway, price is not very different, so it should be fine. Garnett and Forbes are really nice :smile:

That's what I did! They said they'd change it in my application form :smile: So yeah, we'll see how that turns out, but I guess I have to wait a while anyway... as I only have a Conditional, and they haven't updated it. I tell you where I end up :wink:
Reply 133
well I received my confirmation letter from SAAS (covering tuition fees only, as I am an EU student) a few weeks ago.I applied long before knowing any of my exam results and in fact I still don't know them : D The letter came about three weeks after my application and it doesn't really contain anything important, but I was told to keep it as a document to present to the university.

I have a question - how long does it take to receive an Occupancy Agreement from Strathclyde after getting an unconditional offer and accepting it? Do they send the document via e-mail or have to wait for a letter? And is that letter certified/registered or just something white and shiny waiting to be stolen by the neighbours?
Reply 134
Original post by alaska.
That's what I did! They said they'd change it in my application form :smile: So yeah, we'll see how that turns out, but I guess I have to wait a while anyway... as I only have a Conditional, and they haven't updated it. I tell you where I end up :wink:

Haha, ok, it would be nice to meet someone from TSR on campus :wink:

Original post by Lotfil

I have a question - how long does it take to receive an Occupancy Agreement from Strathclyde after getting an unconditional offer and accepting it? Do they send the document via e-mail or have to wait for a letter? And is that letter certified/registered or just something white and shiny waiting to be stolen by the neighbours?

It should take about 2-3 weeks to receive your Occupancy Agreement after you get unconditional. But this may depend..
You will get an email with scanned version of your Occupancy Agreement. You should print it, sign it and then send them via email again. Keep the copy you sign because you will need it when you go to get your keys :smile:
This wait is killing me! I wouldn't mind knowing now where I'm going to end up... I need to know how much stuff I have to throw away and recycle before moving, haha. :tongue:
Reply 136
Oh wow, I am more worried about SAAS .... Luckily, I phoned them up. After 45 min in the waiting line i was told that they have sent me two documents already, first deciding that I get my tuiton fees covered, but then they told me that they can only finance my last year.... :s-smilie: ? I was absolutely angry and confused because the reason was that I got "public funding". However I didn't receive any public funding, and neither did I gain any qualifications .... After another 36 min in the waiting line I could talk to another person from SAAS who seemed to understand me, but they have to review my case again.... AAAAHHH! Why can't it be all easy? :frown:
Reply 137
This wait is killing me! I wouldn't mind knowing now where I'm going to end up... I need to know how much stuff I have to throw away and recycle before moving, haha. :tongue:

Aren't you goint to leave some stuff at home just for the times you come back to visit your parents? When I moved to Scotland, I left almost all stuff in my home country :biggrin:

Original post by alaska.
Oh wow, I am more worried about SAAS .... Luckily, I phoned them up. After 45 min in the waiting line i was told that they have sent me two documents already, first deciding that I get my tuiton fees covered, but then they told me that they can only finance my last year.... :s-smilie: ? I was absolutely angry and confused because the reason was that I got "public funding". However I didn't receive any public funding, and neither did I gain any qualifications .... After another 36 min in the waiting line I could talk to another person from SAAS who seemed to understand me, but they have to review my case again.... AAAAHHH! Why can't it be all easy? :frown:

That's stressful... But don't worry, if you didn't get any other funding, it should be fine. Just keep talking to them via email or phone and they will fix everything :smile:
Original post by Catta
Aren't you goint to leave some stuff at home just for the times you come back to visit your parents? When I moved to Scotland, I left almost all stuff in my home country :biggrin:

Well, I'll be leaving some books, my stuffed toys and my bed of course, but I'm aiming to get rid of 3/4 of my stuff and from that leave max 1/3 back home. :smile: Every year when I go through my room I think "well... I'll save this another year and see if I can think of any good use for it..." when I could just throw it away or give it to charity or something. I don't even know if this bed will last here for long as my mum will move out to a smaller, more affordable place asap after I move out. :tongue:
Reply 139
Well, I'll be leaving some books, my stuffed toys and my bed of course, but I'm aiming to get rid of 3/4 of my stuff and from that leave max 1/3 back home. :smile: Every year when I go through my room I think "well... I'll save this another year and see if I can think of any good use for it..." when I could just throw it away or give it to charity or something. I don't even know if this bed will last here for long as my mum will move out to a smaller, more affordable place asap after I move out. :tongue:

Fair enough then :smile:

Haha, there's not many things that you should take to uni. You can just buy things here if you need them :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

No trending threads to show

Trending

No trending threads to show