The Student Room Group

Resitting GCSE Science in Birmingham

Hey, i'm currently in Year 11 and i know i want to retake GCSE Science. This year i did Additional Science and the Core Science with OCR, but i'm not fussed about the exam boards or if it the triple science award. I just need to find somewhere that will accept external candidates, any know where i could try?

Thank you in advance! :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by AKKaur
Hey, i'm currently in Year 11 and i know i want to retake GCSE Science. This year i did Additional Science and the Core Science with OCR, but i'm not fussed about the exam boards or if it the triple science award. I just need to find somewhere that will accept external candidates, any know where i could try?

Thank you in advance! :smile:

You almost certainly want to stick with OCR as it is much harder to re-sit the coursework than the exams - that way you could just do the exams. Look on OCR's pages for Private candidates, they may well have a list of centres. Ring round in early September asking (most exams officers aren't paid to be there in the summer and are too busy now) making it clear that you want to take the outdoing specification.
Original post by Data
You almost certainly want to stick with OCR as it is much harder to re-sit the coursework than the exams - that way you could just do the exams. Look on OCR's pages for Private candidates, they may well have a list of centres. Ring round in early September asking (most exams officers aren't paid to be there in the summer and are too busy now) making it clear that you want to take the outdoing specification.

Thank you so much! Everything i need to know :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending