The Student Room Group

Student finance help?!?!?!

Ok, so basically I started my application for Student Finance the other day, and I clicked that I wanted them to consider my parents' income, but then realised that I wouldn't get anything anything extra anyway, so now I want to go back and choose for them NOT to consider my parents' income, but I have no idea how to go back and edit it?! Otherwise I'll have to go through a lot of hassle getting my parents to fill out a load of forms and there's no point! Someone please help?!?!
Someone pleeeease help :frown:
Reply 2
You'll have to ring them, I'm afraid. The website is pretty useless. Unfortunately, this means that you'll have to waste up to half an hour of your valuable time while you wait for an incompetent customer service representative to become available and then struggle through the process of solving your problem.

Good luck! :smile:
Original post by tallen90
You'll have to ring them, I'm afraid. The website is pretty useless. Unfortunately, this means that you'll have to waste up to half an hour of your valuable time while you wait for an incompetent customer service representative to become available and then struggle through the process of solving your problem.

Good luck! :smile:

Haha, sounds great... :s-smilie: :p: Thanks for your help, guess I'll just have to do that! x
Reply 4
Original post by LittleMissCurious
Ok, so basically I started my application for Student Finance the other day, and I clicked that I wanted them to consider my parents' income, but then realised that I wouldn't get anything anything extra anyway, so now I want to go back and choose for them NOT to consider my parents' income, but I have no idea how to go back and edit it?! Otherwise I'll have to go through a lot of hassle getting my parents to fill out a load of forms and there's no point! Someone please help?!?!

It might be better to get your parents to fill it in so the University you're going to has evidence of the household income, and can give you bursaries. I just got a letter saying I'll be getting a £900 bursary because of my parent's income!
Original post by MeGusta
It might be better to get your parents to fill it in so the University you're going to has evidence of the household income, and can give you bursaries. I just got a letter saying I'll be getting a £900 bursary because of my parent's income!

Oh really? Even if it's above the threshold? x
Reply 6
Just get your parents to ignore the forms if you find there'll be no bursary available to you. If they're not returned within so long, Student Finance will automatically process the application as non-means tested.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 7
If you just leave it they do assess without considering your income, then when you get that declaration you just sign and return it. I would check with your university what grants are available and for what income levels before getting your parents to fill out the forms, as not many will offer funding on the basis of household income where someone from a household earning over £60k is eligible.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending