The Student Room Group

is this guy genuine?

so i joined PoF and have had my fair share of weirdos contacting me.

Anyway this one guy sent me a fairly long message (can you still copy n paste or has it been stopped now?) anyway, it just said 'hi your nice like your pics, you seem lovely, then he gave me his facebook' << longer than that obvs but it was the gist.

Then i asked him if hed copied n pasted it to several girls, to which he responded saying hes only been on PoF for a week and barely contacted anyone.

So i gave him the benefit of the doubt and added him on facebook. Tbh he is frigging gorgeous (i went through all his wall history etc) and he seems pretty popular and well liked. But then about a minute after id added him I had this realllllly lengthy message which i cant help feel was copied and pasted. It was basically along the lines of ''you sound and look lovely (again nothing actually specific AT me) Then he briefly described his job role and how he has to go to london a lot and so is away. then he put how hes been single for ages and i seem lovely and great and that because of his job role he doesnt want to lose an opportunity to get to know me- SIMPLY AS FRIENDS and could he have my number''

Sorry if im reading far too much into this, but hes gorgeous and seems really sweet (assuming he hasnt copied n pasted) the things he said were nice, but its POF and i cant help but assume i may be being played with.

What does everyone else think? Is there any test i can do to see if hes being genuine?
Reply 1
Best advice I think I've ever been given: if it seems too good to be true then it almost certainly is.
Reply 2
im worried now that ive given my number to someone whose just passed it on. everything he said did seem in line with his facebook though, im just worried he copied n pasted!
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
im worried now that ive given my number to someone whose just passed it on. everything he said did seem in line with his facebook though, im just worried he copied n pasted!

Why would he have passed it on? :s-smilie:
Reply 4
Original post by Josh93
Why would he have passed it on? :s-smilie:

because he text me but hes on facebook n not talking to me, i dunno....hes hot and how the whole copied/pasted suspicions i dont know what hes doing lol
Reply 5
He's just trying to bag a bang. I used PoF and filled up my boring Monday evenings - quite amazing how many girls put out on the first night after meeting someone on an online site - then again I too am gorgeous. Wonder how many dislikes this'll get.
Reply 6
because he text me but hes on facebook n not talking to me, i dunno....hes hot and how the whole copied/pasted suspicions i dont know what hes doing lol

My first reaction was that he's probably just looking to use as many girls as possible due to the whole copy and paste thing and the 'I spend a lot of time away for work' (not even original :rolleyes:) but if he's real then I doubt he would pass your number on to anyone else? :s-smilie:

Best avoided anyway.
Reply 7
Original post by Josh93
My first reaction was that he's probably just looking to use as many girls as possible due to the whole copy and paste thing and the 'I spend a lot of time away for work' (not even original :rolleyes:) but if he's real then I doubt he would pass your number on to anyone else? :s-smilie:

Best avoided anyway.

but i checked his facebook history and everything he said was true.

i just cant tell if its copied and pasted.

can i PM you what he said for a better opinion :tongue:
Reply 8

By all means :smile:
Reply 9
Be wear of people who copy and paste, but that said, I know someone who used the same paragraph but with small tweaks.

Regarding the "I spend a lot of time away for work", it could be true, it could be false. I've seen a lot of excuses guys use.

I personally have seen a lot of men using PoF for non-relationships and friends with benefits, if you know what I mean, but I guess some men just are looking for that in their youth.

Is their profile too perfect?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 10

I'm going to get some sleep but if you send it to me then I'll reply tomorrow :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending