The Student Room Group

Adult nursing at lincoln

Anyone applied for adult nursing at Lincoln to start in September 2012? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I have.. still haven't heard anything :/
Reply 2
I have, but I applied after the deadline :/ so I hope they still consider me!
Hey Iapplied. I got given an interview in janauray but I am currently out of the country volunteering so they have rescheduled it to march. I'm sure you will all hear anything. Good luck.
Hey, I have been given an unconditional place at Lincoln for adult nursing to start in sept 2012! I'm still not sure which accomodation to go for... have you picked your 6 choices yet?
Congratulations!! How long after your interview did you hear?????? I don't know anything about accommodation as I'm going to be a commuter haha.
well i got a conditional as long as I can prove my qaulifications, crb check and health check so hopefully shall be seen in september.
Reply 7
Anybody else Lincoln 2012 nursing? Conditional pending bringing in qualifications etc
Reply 8
I got my conditional offer yesterday! Really excited, trying to scour a bit of knowledge about placements etc, but i can't find any! Any other mature students? Well i'll be 27 when the course starts so im not exactly old! lol, I did my previous degree at lincoln uni and liked it! good luck to those of you still waiting to hear! x
Reply 9
Hey i got my conditional offer to lincoln a couple of months ago, does anyone know when we have take qualifications in etc?
Reply 10
Hi I will be starting at Lincoln, Adult Nursing, can't wait!!
Reply 11
Original post by jo_lander
I got my conditional offer yesterday! Really excited, trying to scour a bit of knowledge about placements etc, but i can't find any! Any other mature students? Well i'll be 27 when the course starts so im not exactly old! lol, I did my previous degree at lincoln uni and liked it! good luck to those of you still waiting to hear! x

I have a provisional copy of the timetable if you want it emailed?

Im a mature student - well ancient to you, im 32, haha
Reply 12
Original post by chapperz80
I have a provisional copy of the timetable if you want it emailed?

Im a mature student - well ancient to you, im 32, haha

Hello,
Im also due to begin the degree in september and was wondering if you could possibly email ne the provisional timetable
(email address is [Mod note: Email removed, please use private messages to exchange contact details]) do you know roughly how the working week works, do we go straight into placement working weekends night shifts etc? thank you
I am also a mature student , 27yrs old. :smile: Becky

r
Currently a second year studying for the adult branc degree.

Happy to answer any questions if you have any :smile:
Reply 14
Hi
I've got an interview at Lincoln this Friday and would appreciate any tips on the questions they'll ask?
:smile:
Reply 15
Hi, I was interviewed by a lovely lady who really put me at ease. It was quite informal and more of a chat. She had a selection of questions which she said is scored, the score determines your place. The questions was general ones you would expect to be asked, i.e why nursing, skills required etc. the questions maybe to prepare for is she asked me to expalin what public health is, and how its promoted also current affairs regarding the NHS. She also asked questions about qorking within a multidisciplinary group so maybge brief on that too. My interview was about 30 mins long, I got accepted the following week.

Good Luck, any questions please ask. x
Reply 16
Original post by superstudentnurse
Currently a second year studying for the adult branc degree.

Happy to answer any questions if you have any :smile:

Hi can you tell me at what point we find out what placement we have been allocated to. I have a 1yr old that i need to get into nursery but want to put her in a nursery closest to my placement? :smile:
Reply 17
Many thanks for those tips. Am looking forward to tomorrow and happy to hear they won't take too long to get back to me :biggrin:
Original post by rbinks64
Hi can you tell me at what point we find out what placement we have been allocated to. I have a 1yr old that i need to get into nursery but want to put her in a nursery closest to my placement? :smile:

You won't find out your first placement until probably the beginning of October as they have to give us 4-6 weeks notice. Hope that helps :smile:
Original post by rbinks64
Hello,
Im also due to begin the degree in september and was wondering if you could possibly email ne the provisional timetable
(email address is [Mod note: Email removed, please use private messages to exchange contact details]) do you know roughly how the working week works, do we go straight into placement working weekends night shifts etc? thank you
I am also a mature student , 27yrs old. :smile: Becky

Sorry, being nosey... but thought I'd let you know. In my experience, we started in the community in the October and that was just two days a weeks before Christmas (8 til 5) and then the same hours three days a week after Christmas. You won't be doing shifts til your first ward placement of the year. And, as a first year student nurse, you're not expected to work nights althought you can if you want. Hope that helps :smile:

Quick Reply