The Student Room Group

Offers for 4 A levels?

Hey, so guys, I'm predicted A*A*A*A at A2, but I need A*AA to get into ny course at Warwick, however, I can't drop a subject, because my dream university is Trinity Dublin. I'm just wondering if they would consider the fact.that I'm doing 4 A2S AT Warwick (or Manchester), and perhaps make a lower offer instead, say AAAA? Just in case it all goes to.hell, id like to know. Cheers.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Sensation Z710e
Olliedon
X

It's possible, but they're more likely to just offer you based on three A-levels, potentially including specific requirements for key subjects.

The good news is, most universities don't make their offers harder for people just because they have higher predicted grades. If the typical offer is A*AA, it's not likely they'll make it A*A*A* just for you. If they did, planning an insurance university would be rendered irrelevant.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by TheSownRose
It's possible, but they're more likely to just offer you based on three A-levels, potentially including specific requirements for key subjects.

The good news is, most universities don't make their offers harder for people just because they have higher predicted grades. If the typical offer is AAA, it's not likely they'll make it A*A*A* just for you. If they did, planning an insurance university would be rendered irrelevant.

Cheers! Do they consider the subjects I'm doing, I.e. English, History, GovPol and Economics for PPE?

Original post by Olliedon
Cheers! Do they consider the subjects I'm doing, I.e. English, History, GovPol and Economics for PPE?

I'm not a PPE person, I'd afraid; you'll find people who know far more here and the universities will list requirements on their website. :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by TheSownRose
I'm not a PPE person, I'd afraid; you'll find people who know far more here and the universities will list requirements on their website. :smile:

Well thank you regardless.

Generally all offers for a course will be the same, so unfortunately you'll have to expect A*AA. With your predicted grades that sounds achievable though, and if you do marginally miss your offer, say AAAA you do have a strong argument for being considered.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Quick Reply