The Student Room Group

AQA History HIS3M The Making of Modern Britain 1951-2007

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Myth717
This is what I have gathered so far in terms of predictions...

Synoptic on Foreign policy..
Something on Wilson and failed governments 64 - 79
Blair / New labour legacy
Major ??

Correct or I've missed something out ?

I'm thinking exactly the first two as well :smile:
Reply 61
Original post by missach
I'm thinking exactly the first two as well :smile:

I hope they come up too fellow Ilford person :smile:
Reply 62
Can anyone sum up the speech of Bruges by Thatcher please, what impact it had and what was it?
Reply 63
Original post by K_12
Can anyone sum up the speech of Bruges by Thatcher please, what impact it had and what was it?

http://www.margaretthatcher.org/archive/Bruges.asp

the top paragraph sums it's impact up well!
Reply 64
Original post by Myth717
I hope they come up too fellow Ilford person :smile:

You wouldn't be going Loxford school by any chance? :eek:
Reply 65
Original post by MeGusta
You wouldn't be going Loxford school by any chance? :eek:

lol nope but close :smile:
Reply 66
Original post by Myth717
lol nope but close :smile:

lool oh ok. That would of been scary if you went Loxford and in the same class as me lol only other schools I know are Trinity and Ilford county :rolleyes:

Good luck for tomorrow! :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 67
Original post by MeGusta
lool oh ok. That would of been scary if you went Loxford and in the same class as me lol only other schools I know are Trinity and Ilford county :rolleyes:

Good luck for tomorrow! :smile:

Good luck to u 2
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 68
if the synoptic question is about foreign policy, when talking for example the Falkland War. Would you explain everything about the Falklands before assessing it?
Reply 70
Original post by IceCool
if the synoptic question is about foreign policy, when talking for example the Falkland War. Would you explain everything about the Falklands before assessing it?

You have to assess it by explaining it. If you explain everything what happened in the Falklands war then your just narrating the story and narrative won't get you any marks. Always relate what your talking about back to the question. For example, if talking about Margaret Thatcher's national interests it would be something like: "Margaret Thatcher successfully defended national interests, raising Britain’s profile in the process. The war in the Falkland’s, with the help of the Americans, was hailed a success and Margaret Thatcher was considered a capable War leader, defending British land from Argentina" - That was only like 4 lines but that's all you need. DON'T TELL THE STORY!
Reply 71
Original post by haricot27
Analysis is assessing the impact of something. So you would introduce your line of argument like the high unemployment levels I mentioned before and then in your paragraph say...'In particular Thatcher encouraged Ian McGregor in the plans to close mining pits in Britain threatening the loss of 20000 jobs, leading to unrest in poorer communities and culminating in the miner's strike.' If you're still unsure you can add...the most prominent industrial dispute of the 1980s. So that the examiner can clearly see you have assessed the impact of Thatcher's tolerance of high unemployment.

Basically don't narrate, always make sure you are assessing what you are saying in what is led to or had an impact on.

I think that's right, anyone have any other ideas?

THANK YOU !!!! :smile: I think I now know what to do..analyse..the IMPACT!!!!!!! what it did! etc...thanks :smile:
Reply 72
Original post by IceCool

As someone else has said, yes very very key details but synoptic is not about detail, it's about breadth and assessment of continuity and change!
Reply 73
Original post by Liam_W_
http://www.margaretthatcher.org/archive/Bruges.asp

the top paragraph sums it's impact up well!

Thanks once again :smile:
Reply 74
Hows historical opinion going for everyone?

i have a chunk and too much :frown:
Reply 75
any one reckon there is a chance of a social depth question??
Reply 76
Original post by coll_08
any one reckon there is a chance of a social depth question??

social litrelly last year so no x
Reply 77
Original post by LondonLT
social litrelly last year so no x

thanks! you have no idea how much that has calmed me down x
Reply 78
theres a chance that 2 foreign policy questions might pop up? (that is if the other is NOT synoptic?)
Reply 79
Is it a bad idea to ignore going over thatcher ? I feel I don't have enough time so just planning on going over foreign policy and Blair

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending