The Student Room Group

Getting over someone

Hi,

Basically I started seeing someone for a few months and I thought it was really going somewhere and then he told me he only saw me as a friend. I don't really understand what happened so I haven't got closure. Its been a long time since i have really liked someone so I am feeling quite empty, anxious, I have lost my appetite and lost 5 pounds in the last week. I just end up sitting around doing nothing all day because I have lost interest and motivation to do anything.
Whats the best way to start feeling better and getting out of this rut?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Hi,

Basically I started seeing someone for a few months and I thought it was really going somewhere and then he told me he only saw me as a friend. I don't really understand what happened so I haven't got closure. Its been a long time since i have really liked someone so I am feeling quite empty, anxious, I have lost my appetite and lost 5 pounds in the last week. I just end up sitting around doing nothing all day because I have lost interest and motivation to do anything.

The obvious advice: get out an occupy your mind. You'll find that during that period you forget him. Of course you'll still remember him but it won't be as bad.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Hi,

Mixture of time and get out and meet someone new. I had the "rut" for a good year :/ not proud but I really damn loved her :frown: eventually things improve, don't fret!

Quick Reply

Latest