The Student Room Group

I just missed my History A2 EXAM

I hate my life, I actually do.

Just 30min ago, I was woken up to the sound of my phone ringing - it was my history teacher asking where I was. I thought my exam was in the afternoon; I'm well over an hour away from college and my teacher has said I can no longer sit it.

It is really not a good look, seeing as I haven't done the coursework (long story, provisional grade); and have been revising like crazy for the last month. It was my only A2 exam, I had a B at AS this year. My teacher said I can simply resit next year but what is going to happen to my UCAS statement next year? I've basically missed a whole subject. So I've done 4 AS exams, been entered for 1 A2 but did not attend. Plus my teacher probably thinks I intentionally missed the exam; he has hinted many times that he feels I don't like writing that is why I didn't do the coursework. Oh and the fact I've done no essays this year, well thats a whole other story...

I was so prepared for the exam and I feel like I've wasted a whole year. The funny thing is that I had a feeling something like this would happen so I got all my exam dates over 4 months ago on the internet. However they seem to be wrong for this subject. I'm so ashamed, and I've already told my mum who has now refused to speak to me. I haven't even got the courage to see my teacher face to face and explain myself... he won't believe me anyway. Perhaps university is not for me.

Argh, fml. Don't even know how this thread is supposed to help.
(edited 11 years ago)
*hug* dont worry about what other people think (your teacher/parents) they will get over it. Youre the most important person here.
Youll have a chance to take the History next year right, dont worry about it. try and forget about it even though i know its hard.

make sure you stay on top of things for the first few months next year so your predicted grades are good. <3
Reply 2
Original post by imessedup

Just 30min ago, I was woken up to the sound of my phone ringing - it was my history teacher asking where I was. I thought my exam was in the afternoon; I'm well over an hour away from college and my teacher has said I can no longer sit it.

It is really not a good look, seeing as I haven't done the coursework (long story, provisional grade); and have been revising like crazy for the last month. It was my only A2 exam, I had a B at AS this year. My teacher said I can simply resit next year but what is going to happen to my UCAS statement next year? I've basically missed a whole subject. So I've done 4 AS exams, been entered for 1 A2 but did not attend. Plus my teacher probably thinks I intentionally missed the exam; he has hinted many times that he feels I don't like writing that is why I didn't do the coursework. Oh and the fact I've done no essays this year, well thats a whole other story...

I was so prepared for the exam and I feel like I've wasted a whole year. The funny thing is that I had a feeling something like this would happen so I got all my exam dates over 4 months ago on the internet. However they seem to be wrong for this subject. I'm so ashamed, and I've already told my mum who has now refused to speak to me. I haven't even got the courage to see my teacher face to face and explain myself... he won't believe me anyway. Perhaps university is not for me.

Don't give up on university if that is what you really want. I know it doesn't help at all right now, but I really believe that everything happens for a reason.

It sucks - big time - and I can't imagine how you're feeling right now. But you're going to go back to college next year, get the grades that you need (hey, you might even get better grades as it sounds like a lot of stuff hasn't really gone to plan for you this year!) and then you're going to be ready to go to university next year.

Give your Mum time to chill out - she's obviously disappointed but when she realises how cut up you are about this then hopefully she'll be nicer about it. And don't put off going to your college to see your teacher - you need to sort out going back for a little longer now!

I know it's not what you want to hear but just keep working at it. You clearly have the drive for it or else you wouldn't be so upset.

Good luck!:hugs:
Reply 3
You're in year 12, just take it with your other A2 levels?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4
hold on, so you're still in year 12 because you're ONLY doing ONE A2 exam ?
Reply 5
Wait what? So you're in year 12 but doing an A2?
Reply 6
Original post by imessedup

If your in y12 now it easy to resit next year no problem. If your in yr 13 then I would take a Gap year and just resit in january or summer next year. btw it could be a great advantage to not have taken it, you could get a better grade next year and then get a better shot a uni..always look on the bright side...
Reply 7
I think a person who cant even remember what time his exam was deserves to miss it tbh.
Reply 8
Just a question - If you haven't done the coursework would it even have been possible to get a pass grade in the exam?
Reply 9
Original post by jonnny
Wait what? So you're in year 12 but doing an A2?

he's a faggot
I think you're a little confused.
I knw this was like two years ago but the same thing just happened to me today. I was so confident that my exam was in the afternoon. I woke up early today as well because I thought "hey, I still have time to revise and look over the past papers so why not wake up early". I was so pissed at myself bcos of this. I usually wake up after 9 everyday during my exams (except for those days when the exam starts at 9 then I'll probs wake up at 7). Today I did just that and yet I couldn't even be bothered to check the time table for gods sake. My friend texted me and rang me but I didn't check cause my phone wasn't with me. I don't really stick to my phone 24/7 like I do with my iPad and ughhh omg I just wish the time could turn back today so I could just do the freaking exam.

I just hope that by some miracle, the school will call me to say that "hey guess what, edexcel's gon let you do it" or "hey, dw abt it. The university's gonna accept your predicted grades so it's fine"

God, please help me.
Please let me do this exam!

Quick Reply

Latest