The Student Room Group

First and Second Sittings

I find it confusing when it states on a university website "these results must be obtained at the first sitting of highers"...

Does first sitting mean 1. 5th year 2. Not a repeat i.e getting a B in history, doing the exact same higher again and getting an A

Does second sitting mean:

1. 6th year
2. Second time doing highers (completely different ones from the first time) or
3. Second time doing the same highers (getting CCCC, doing the exact same highers again and getting BBBB
Reply 1
Original post by LiveToSki
I find it confusing when it states on a university website "these results must be obtained at the first sitting of highers"...

Does first sitting mean 1. 5th year 2. Not a repeat i.e getting a B in history, doing the exact same higher again and getting an A

Does second sitting mean:

1. 6th year
2. Second time doing highers (completely different ones from the first time) or
3. Second time doing the same highers (getting CCCC, doing the exact same highers again and getting BBBB

First sitting to me means passing them all in one year. That can be 5th year or 6th year if you didn't do them in 5th. It would not include repeating them in 6th year.
First sitting means that you can not resit a subject.

So if you do Higher History in S5 and, say, get a B, then that is the only grade that will be considered by the university, if you choose to redo it in S6 and get an A that will not be counted.

Which is option 3 on your list on the 1st post.
Reply 3
Okay :smile: Thanks ")

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending