The Student Room Group

how many one night stands is too many?

Scroll to see replies

I've had sex with 5 and I'm 22. Would like to think that if I fall in love, the guy won't care so much about how many I've slept with. 2 of the guys I've had sex with were boyfriends and 1 was a friend. I've had some casual sex because I was used to being in a relationship and I wanted to make sure I explored my sexuality fully. I know it'll make it easier for me to date when I come round to it. I can now tell the difference between love and lust which I didn't realise before.
If you are above the level of Barney Stinson :wink:
Reply 62
5 times dats too much...u have the rest of life,with how many people u r gonna hav sex with....i can say its sluttish..:confused:
One.
Original post by The_Goose
I think one night stands in general are a bit slutty tbh, but maybe I'm one of those old fashioned types that doesn't draw the distinction between meaningful love-making with a partner and casual sex just for sexs sake.

This x 100
Original post by Wilfred Little
One.

agreed!
Reply 66
Op the fact you have asked us this means you think we will all think of you as a slut.In all fairness i would think you would be called one yes there is worse but it does not make you any better by doing the same.
Reply 67
To all the people saying 5 one night stands is bad...

Which of these do you class as 'better':

10 'boyfriends' who you didn't necessarily love or even have particularly strong feelings for and quite likely only had sex with a handful of times at most

or 5 one night stands where the outcome was the same. One off sex with someone where you were perfectly safe, no one was harmed and everyone had a good time.

Why does it make so much difference just because something can be termed as a boyfriend or casual? I've had one night stands with people who i've known for years and had feelings for and then i've had sex with girlfriends who i wasn't overly fussed about at the time..
Original post by sekret
To all the people saying 5 one night stands is bad...

Which of these do you class as 'better':

10 'boyfriends' who you didn't necessarily love or even have particularly strong feelings for and quite likely only had sex with a handful of times at most

or 5 one night stands where the outcome was the same. One off sex with someone where you were perfectly safe, no one was harmed and everyone had a good time.

Why does it make so much difference just because something can be termed as a boyfriend or casual? I've had one night stands with people who i've known for years and had feelings for and then i've had sex with girlfriends who i wasn't overly fussed about at the time..

They're both bad. The more people you sleep with, the harder it is to stick to one person. There's evidence to back it up, it's not a coincidence 2nd, 3rd, 4th+ marriages fail either.

It depends what you want and what you're looking for -- if you just want sex and never plan on settling down and having kids then do what you like, if you want something more then don't. I personally think ONS are a rotten, empty way to live. That's just me though.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 69
They're both bad. The more people you sleep with, the harder it is to stick to one person. There's evidence to back it up, it's not a coincidence 2nd, 3rd, 4th+ marriages fail either.

It depends what you want and what you're looking for -- if you just want sex and never plan on settling down and having kids then do what you like, if you want something more then don't. I personally think ONS are a rotten, empty way to live. That's just me though.

I guess i can only speak for myself when saying that regardless of how many people i've slept with, it doesn't affect whether i'd cheat or not. If anything my latest relationship was the best by a long shot and that's obviously while i'm at my highest number of people that i've slept with.

I can't really think of too many people who would categorically say they will never ever settle down and will only sleep around. But personally i don't see anything wrong with filling the gaps between loving relationships :smile: I can quite easily differentiate between purely physical pleasure and romantic and loving pleasure. As long as someone can do that then I don't see an issue
Original post by sekret
I guess i can only speak for myself when saying that regardless of how many people i've slept with, it doesn't affect whether i'd cheat or not. If anything my latest relationship was the best by a long shot and that's obviously while i'm at my highest number of people that i've slept with.

I can't really think of too many people who would categorically say they will never ever settle down and will only sleep around. But personally i don't see anything wrong with filling the gaps between loving relationships :smile: I can quite easily differentiate between purely physical pleasure and romantic and loving pleasure. As long as someone can do that then I don't see an issue

It still failed.

As for the last sentence, you won't see an issue, cos you're the one doing it, you're not gonna admit it's an issue on here. Someone who cheats on a test doesn't see an issue with it but those that don't, do.
Reply 71
Original post by mau5
Dirtier than Hitlers kill/death ratio.

Lmfao

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 72
Original post by sekret
I guess i can only speak for myself when saying that regardless of how many people i've slept with, it doesn't affect whether i'd cheat or not.

Ditto. Sometimes sex is just sex. I think it'll make me less likely to cheat. If I've had it with more than a few people, I won't always be wanting another bite of the cherry. Besides, there is a difference between sex for fun and sex when you're in love. If you find a great person you're in love with and sexually compatible with, there's no reason to be wanting it from anyone else because you're getting regular sex and you're in a meaningful relationship.
Reply 73
It still failed.

As for the last sentence, you won't see an issue, cos you're the one doing it, you're not gonna admit it's an issue on here. Someone who cheats on a test doesn't see an issue with it but those that don't, do.

So you're saying my last relationship failed because in my past I have had one night stands? If that was your point then it's insane, it failed because she moved 400 miles away.
as many as YOU like... if you start to feel crap about it then i think that's probably time to stop. make sure you're using protection.
Each to their own and I'm not one to judge, unless they're spreading something nasty around. But the fact that you need to ask a bunch of strangers suggests that you feel that there is something wrong with it, or need someone to validate what you're doing :/
Original post by sekret
So you're saying my last relationship failed because in my past I have had one night stands? If that was your point then it's insane, it failed because she moved 400 miles away.

You mentioned it like it was a success :confused:

You're not together anymore :confused:

If it was as good as you think it was you'd have found a way to make it work if there was nothing wrong with it and the "best by a long shot" lol.
Reply 77
You mentioned it like it was a success :confused:

You're not together anymore :confused:

If it was as good as you think it was you'd have found a way to make it work if there was nothing wrong with it and the "best by a long shot" lol.

At no point did i say there was nothing wrong with it :s-smilie: Breaking up was the correct thing to do. What i did say was that the relationship didn't suffer in any way from the fact i've had one night stands, which you're suggesting was a detriment to my relationship.

If you wish to point out how exactly my past has any correlation to a breakup due to distance then be my guest.
I personally would never have a one night stand just because I dont personally feel idea with the concept of casual sex, sex with strangers thats not to say i have any issues at all with people who do.

Howeverrr the guy im seeing and all his friends got a bit drunk one night and were talking about their one night stands, they said in their words ' a girl who puts out on the first night is not the kind of girl you want to date' theyve all had one night stands but not a single on of their girlfriends slept with them on the first date. They also said that girls they slept with as a ons they never contacted again, or wanted to see/speak to and ignored them afterwards. Thats a male perspective I guess, and what is hsows is that men will use girls for one night but they will not date them make them their girlfriends if they are easy and im sorry to say but by putting out first date you are easy, that said if you are only looking for sex not a relationship then there is nothing wrong with it.

I also think one nights stands are a bit dodgey as you have to be certain you are not going to hurt anybody in this i mean that the guy has a girlffriend, nobody wants to be the other women and sometimes i think ons and girls who are willing to have ons are the ones that guys who want to cheat on their gfs will go to.

In short if your just after sex, and nobdoy is getting hurt by your actions then their is nothing wrong with what you are doing you could sleep with 100 people
Reply 79
Original post by Anonymous
I'm 18 and have had 5 one night stands, but have never had sex with an actual boyfriend....

Is that slutty or just normal for someone who's not getting it regularly?!

Does it matter if it's slutty? If you so want to have sex like that go for it!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending