The Student Room Group

Hospitality Work at Man Utd

Right I've been looking for part-time work in Manchester for when university starts again in Sept. I've finally managed to get an interview at Old Trafford for hospitality work. This role is perfect as it's not like you're working fixed hours every week. I've got a 10 minute interview on Wednesday but I have like no idea what to expect? This is my first ever interview so I'm slightly nervous! Does anyone have an idea of what they'll ask me? How formal should i dress? Aaaaaaaaaaargh.
Reply 1
A couple of my friends have just started working here :smile: the place itself is quite formal, because of all the businessmen and footballer customers, but i think for the interview they didn't have to dress in a suit or anything. As long as you dont look scruffy you will be fine, maybe avoid jeans.
Don't be nervous, prepare for questions about teamwork and why you want the job, as with any interview. I've not heard of them turning anyone down after getting an interview tbh, they just dont give interviews to people they arent interested in.
Reply 2
Easykill
A couple of my friends have just started working here :smile: the place itself is quite formal, because of all the businessmen and footballer customers, but i think for the interview they didn't have to dress in a suit or anything. As long as you dont look scruffy you will be fine, maybe avoid jeans.
Don't be nervous, prepare for questions about teamwork and why you want the job, as with any interview. I've not heard of them turning anyone down after getting an interview tbh, they just dont give interviews to people they arent interested in.

Cheers for the info! :biggrin:
It's helpled a lot in easing my nerves haha.
*craps self*
Reply 3
wazza07
Cheers for the info! :biggrin:
It's helpled a lot in easing my nerves haha.
*craps self*

Lol, as long as you do that beforehand and not in the interview itself you'll be fine :biggrin:
And enjoy Manchester, it's awesome.
Reply 4
Easykill
Lol, as long as you do that beforehand and not in the interview itself you'll be fine :biggrin:
And enjoy Manchester, it's awesome.

Arghhhhhh! My interview time has disappeared :frown: Their online system is telling me to 'schedule an interview'! AAAAAAAARGH lol! I've left a message on the number in their email. I have no idea what is going on.
Haha I'm at uni in Manchester :p: It was awesome indeed!
Reply 5
wazza07
Arghhhhhh! My interview time has disappeared :frown: Their online system is telling me to 'schedule an interview'! AAAAAAAARGH lol! I've left a message on the number in their email. I have no idea what is going on.
Haha I'm at uni in Manchester :p: It was awesome indeed!

Don't fret! They've probably had a system failure or something, they can't just take away your interview its far too mean. Maybe try and schedule another?
Reply 6
Easykill
Don't fret! They've probably had a system failure or something, they can't just take away your interview its far too mean. Maybe try and schedule another?

I really hope they don't take my time away haha! *does poor innocent face* I really hope they've had a failure, I've tried booking again but whenever I pick a new date it keeps telling me to book a bloody appointment on their homepage! Argh lol
I've already paid £30 in trains tickets from London. I really don't wanna pay that again for next week. :eek3: At least I can move some of my stuff up next week. :s-smilie:
Reply 7
wazza07
I really hope they don't take my time away haha! *does poor innocent face* I really hope they've had a failure, I've tried booking again but whenever I pick a new date it keeps telling me to book a bloody appointment on their homepage! Argh lol
I've already paid £30 in trains tickets from London. I really don't wanna pay that again for next week. :eek3: At least I can move some of my stuff up next week. :s-smilie:

Darn computers :o:
Could you ring the train service and ask for a refund? At least it wouldnt be a wasted trip if you can bring your things with you, but still its annoying the train tickets are ridiculous prices. Although £30 from london is pretty good.
You're probably best to keep trying the Man Utd number so you can talk to a real-life person!
Reply 8
Easykill
Darn computers :o:
Could you ring the train service and ask for a refund? At least it wouldnt be a wasted trip if you can bring your things with you, but still its annoying the train tickets are ridiculous prices. Although £30 from london is pretty good.
You're probably best to keep trying the Man Utd number so you can talk to a real-life person!

Innit! What happened to good ole letters! :biggrin:
I would ask for a refund, but it says in big bold letters before you book the tickets that they're non-refundable! Grrrrr. If you think £30 is good, I've done a return Manc - London trip for £2 :biggrin: Yeah I left Man Utd a voice message as no-one was picking up. I'll ring them first thing in the morning to sort it out as I need my beauty time to get ready. :p:
Reply 9
wazza07
Innit! What happened to good ole letters! :biggrin:
I would ask for a refund, but it says in big bold letters before you book the tickets that they're non-refundable! Grrrrr. If you think £30 is good, I've done a return Manc - London trip for £2 :biggrin: Yeah I left Man Utd a voice message as no-one was picking up. I'll ring them first thing in the morning to sort it out as I need my beauty time to get ready. :p:

Haha the only way I can understand that is if you tipped someone £2 to hide in their suitcase :s-smilie:
OK cool, im sure itll all work out theres no way they can cancel your interview completely without notice. Best of luck and have a safe journey to good old manchester :biggrin:
Reply 10
Easykill
Haha the only way I can understand that is if you tipped someone £2 to hide in their suitcase :s-smilie:
OK cool, im sure itll all work out theres no way they can cancel your interview completely without notice. Best of luck and have a safe journey to good old manchester :biggrin:

Just to say I got the job as a kiosk assistant! :biggrin: I went up there and my name was on the list so it was all good in the end! I've got an induction next Tuesday, I'm really excited to use the tills haha . I was absolute pooing myself but somehow my 'personality shone through' LOL . Thanks for all your help Easykill, I've + repped ya for what it's worth haha :p:
Reply 11
wazza07
Just to say I got the job as a kiosk assistant! :biggrin: I went up there and my name was on the list so it was all good in the end! I've got an induction next Tuesday, I'm really excited to use the tills haha . I was absolute pooing myself but somehow my 'personality shone through' LOL . Thanks for all your help Easykill, I've + repped ya for what it's worth haha :p:

Haha yaaay! :woo:
Aw good for you i'm sure you'll enjoy it. I've just sent my CV's off to Bath to see if I can get an interview before I go in September cos I will NEED a job. Thanks for the rep, much appreciated as I have a pitiful amount!
Reply 12
What questions were asked at the interview? I've got and interview at craven cottage soon and have no clue what they're going to ask!
Reply 13
I've got one at Southampton in a few weeks, any tips? What questions were asked?
Original post by wazza07

I have an interview tomorrow lol, I was wondering if you could give me some help as to what was asked of you? I'm in the same position as you, with it being my first job haha and wanted some advice :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by Sajjadinio93
I have an interview tomorrow lol, I was wondering if you could give me some help as to what was asked of you? I'm in the same position as you, with it being my first job haha and wanted some advice :smile:

Erm the questions I was asked were something along the lines of:
1. why do you want to work here
2. what customer service skills can you offer us
3. something about being challenged and how you overcame it
4. something to do with your weaknesses and again, how you overcame it
5. Your strengths..

I had this a while ago so this is all I remember sorry.. But just be enthusiastic and answer with confidence then you'll probs get the job. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending