The Student Room Group

Proposition For Cross Asian Partnership (CAP)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kiss
Yes, but it was just an idea in the pipeline and this is the more refined version to include an Eastern world bloc including both Asian and Australasian countries.

Could you include Afghanistan, Pakistan and Iran into the CAP? I see you're very accomodating for other South Asian countries.
Reply 21
Original post by spike_spiegel
Could you include Afghanistan, Pakistan and Iran into the CAP? I see you're very accomodating for other South Asian countries.

I thought Afghanistan and Pakistan were already?

The reason I didn't include Iran is because I thought it was part of the Arab League and would have enough involvement in that. I could ammend things but Iran is more of an Arab/Middle East interest area than one of these countries in the COAP.
Iran does indeed have links to both the Arab world and Central Asia. Fair enough..

Members and Outside Parties

The following have immediate entitlement to membership:

*Indonesia
*Malaysia
*Singapore
*Thailand
*Australia
*Vietnam
*China
*Japan
*South Korea
*India
*Russia
*Kazakhstan
*Kyrgyzstan
*Tajikistan
*Uzbekistan
*Mongolia
*New Zealand
*Afghanistan
*Pakistan

The following have entitlement to membership of the CAP but must be voted in with a majority vote. It is up to you if you represent the following of these nations to make your application:

*Cambodia
*Nepal
*Phillipines
*Samoa
*Brunei
*Tonga
*Solomon Islands
*Palau
*Fiji
*Tuvalu
*Laos
*Marshal Islands
*Nauru
*Myanmar
*Kiribati
*Vanuatu
*Timor-Leste
*Papau New Guinea

^Don't see either there
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 23
Original post by spike_spiegel
Iran does indeed have links to both the Arab world and Central Asia. Fair enough..

Members and Outside Parties

The following have immediate entitlement to membership:

*Indonesia
*Malaysia
*Singapore
*Thailand
*Australia
*Vietnam
*China
*Japan
*South Korea
*India
*Russia
*Kazakhstan
*Kyrgyzstan
*Tajikistan
*Uzbekistan
*Mongolia
*New Zealand
*Afghanistan
*Pakistan

The following have entitlement to membership of the CAP but must be voted in with a majority vote. It is up to you if you represent the following of these nations to make your application:

*Cambodia
*Nepal
*Phillipines
*Samoa
*Brunei
*Tonga
*Solomon Islands
*Palau
*Fiji
*Tuvalu
*Laos
*Marshal Islands
*Nauru
*Myanmar
*Kiribati
*Vanuatu
*Timor-Leste
*Papau New Guinea

^Don't see either there

OOC: With all these incorporations, do you not see how this is expanding effectively into another version of the MUN (an MUN within the MUN)?
Original post by toronto353
OOC: With all these incorporations, do you not see how this is expanding effectively into another version of the MUN (an MUN within the MUN)?

It isn't that bad yet however I am wary of creating too many of these organisations, I shall be keeping tabs on that aspect.
Original post by thunder_chunky
It isn't that bad yet however I am wary of creating too many of these organisations, I shall be keeping tabs on that aspect.

OOC: No I mean every time OP says 'yes' to yet more countries, it expands the Bloc. We've now got talk of Iran which basically means the possibility of everything from the Middle East to the Pacific being in this bloc. At this rate, the bloc will just become a MUN within the MUN.
OOC: No I mean every time OP says 'yes' to yet more countries, it expands the Bloc. We've now got talk of Iran which basically means the possibility of everything from the Middle East to the Pacific being in this bloc. At this rate, the bloc will just become a MUN within the MUN.

I see your point, I was talking in the general sense.
Reply 28

OOC: Its better than having countless little blocs
Original post by Kiss
OOC: Its better than having countless little blocs

OOC: But then if you have a club which everyone is in, then you might as well scrap the club and have just the one MUN. I think that you need to define very clearly what your bloc is and not keep adding people in.
Reply 30
OOC: But then if you have a club which everyone is in, then you might as well scrap the club and have just the one MUN. I think that you need to define very clearly what your bloc is and not keep adding people in.

OOC: Well it's not my bloc, or at least it wouldn't be if Stricof and Terza would take a more active role.
Original post by Kiss
OOC: Well it's not my bloc, or at least it wouldn't be if Stricof and Terza would take a more active role.

OOC: That doesn't answer my criticism though.
Reply 32
OOC: That doesn't answer my criticism though.

OOC: Well obviously you have to make everyone feel involved. What would you prefer - loads of small blocs where you'd only get a limited activity or a coule of large blocs which encorporate most nations that help to stimulate activity and makes everyone feel involved? Plus it means that people who are thinking about representing countries which aren't occupied aren't going to be put off if they're involved in their own section.

I'd only want to see about 8 blocs at maximum. That's why I'm drawing the line at countries like Iran who can be more involved in the Arab League. An all Asian bloc was rejected (and its two main driving forces, China and Russia, have been inactive), and this was prefered over that. I understand your point but you have to compromise somewhere to gain more activity.

This.
Reply 34
Uzbekistan also supports this proposition.
I urge other members to vote for this bloc to be created.
I honestly think that it just leads to another bloc that may not be active - the creation process has proved this. You also don't have any way of running it at the moment and so it's going to be chaos once it's formed as you're trying to figure out how to organise everything. It also keeps getting bigger and bigger - it is becoming an MUN within an MUN. It's a no from me.
As much as I would like to see this bloc created, I believe the idea is now redundant. The bloc would probably be too large and risk overstretch, and the MUN may also be undermined with a massive bloc requiring a great deal of attention to manage and maintain. Activity is also an issue - existing blocs are struggling and this lack of activity would also affect this proposal.

I look forward to working with the MUN to actively promote greater pan-Asian co-operation, but I am less convinced this bloc would be effective.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending