The Student Room Group

Accounting (ACCN3) Exam 12th June 2012

Ahh :s-smilie: mixed reviews for me i found most of the paper very easy. For example Partnership App Account, Schedule OF NCA and IAS :wink:. However the Bloody BS worth 30 marks rely annoyed me I would be lucky to get 5 marks on that Question:frown:. Was really annoyed with the fact that one question contained more that 33% of marks :frown: but oh well should do better that before atleast need a B from acconting already got 2 B for Accn1/2 and a 47% In jan for ACCN3 if i get more that 60% i will be happy and concentrate on ACCN4 now. Good luck to all put your thoughts of the exam...:cool:
Reply 1
i didnt sit this exam but could you tell me what questions came up. was it harder than jan 12.
Reply 2
omgggggg , this paper is tooo hard compare to jan 2012 i have to say . Anyways , can i ask somequestion please ? In the income statement , do we have to add and takeaway the accrued or prepayment ? And in the balance sheet , do we have to work out the new prepayment and accrual or just put the figure already there ?
Reply 3
I feel exactly the same as you Timeplayer, That one question caused me so much hassle!

I know that one wen't wrong, but at least i found the appropriation fine etc.

Which IAS's did you write about being relevant?
Did you all manage the Schedule of fixed assets??

@Sukhys, i found this better than Jan12.
Topics that i can remember:
IAS' relevant to Stock value and Dividend payments
The revaluation of stock and calculation dividend payments
Schedule of non-current assets
Huge Incomplete Records question
Appropriation account for partnership
Advise whether or not to introduce a new partner to partnership

Surprised there was only 1 major written question, and NO CASH FLOW STATEMENT!! I was so ready for one...
Reply 4
I was disappointed that there was one huge question on incomplete records i was prepared for Schedule of NCA and appropriation was simpler. If you had revised had Jan12 was very much easier that this one as you could have revised all this month and still unable to do the 30 mark question. However it has got to be said the rest of the paper was quite simple but when you take in to account that 33% of the paper was quite hard it rules out a few grade (for me at least) 30 marks for one question is just too excessive. IAS i got was ISA2 Inventory and IAS10 as one talked about inventory valuation NRV vs Cost and the other was an issue of bonus share after the accounting period where they had already discussed a proposed dividend and once bonus shares were issued dividend changed. Good luck to all sitting ACCN4... I need a B overall Got 2B in ACCN1/2 hope this retake gets me atleast 60%+...
it was ias 2 and 37

starts trading with march and ends in february

provision contingent assets and liabilities
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 6
Im hoping that the grade boundaries are kind. ususally they are not in accounting they are based on % but :colondollar: i hope i gt atleast 60%+
Reply 7
i think the papper so so hard compared to the one in january , i revised cashflow and it didnt even come up . most of the stuff that came up was from unit 2
Reply 8
Original post by timeplayer
Im hoping that the grade boundaries are kind. ususally they are not in accounting they are based on % but :colondollar: i hope i gt atleast 60%+

Well good luck to you ^_^ That's what i have to aim for after messing up the Incomplete records!

And in reference to before, i did IAS 2 and 10, so that makes me relieved a tad!
30 Marks was a huge amount for that, i was horrified when i realised and couldn't get it correct...
Reply 9
For me it was brilliant, hope to get B or even A. Though I missed most of the written bit, I'm pretty sure I got most of the calculations right. From the BS I'd say I got around 20 points. If I'm right, you had to find the telephone and rent expense figure for the year by creating control accounts for each. And then obviously 2 control accounts for debtors and creditors. The very last Question was kinda confusing. What I've done is, I did a capital a/c with goodwills created and just balanced the accounts lol

Didn't know how to answer that question
adv partnership/ 50k capital profits 2013 additonal skills/ disadvantages/ profit shares/ unlimited liability disagreement

from
to
date
subject
Reply 11
did you have to do control accounts for the incomplete records question ?:confused:
Reply 12
Here's the paper !

when we changed rent and telephone expenses where did you guys change them? in the income statement or in the balance sheet? :smile:
ninaa post the paper on this thread more members are active on it

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2019048&page=3&p=38068336&posted=1#post38068336
Original post by niiinaaaa
Here's the paper !

when we changed rent and telephone expenses where did you guys change them? in the income statement or in the balance sheet? :smile:

ninaa post the paper on this thread more members are active on it
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...1#post38068336

Positive Rating!
Reply 15
All i know incomplete records were very challenging will be lucky to get 7 marks + so have to aim low everything else was quite simple app account for partners was...
Net profit split 1-4months and 5-12 months
add interest on drawing
less
salaries
interest on cap
interest on loan
=residual profit
and then split it to the ratios given old and new...
Reply 16
when will the mark scheme come up ?
Reply 17
Original post by timeplayer
All i know incomplete records were very challenging will be lucky to get 7 marks + so have to aim low everything else was quite simple app account for partners was...
Net profit split 1-4months and 5-12 months
add interest on drawing
less
salaries
interest on cap
interest on loan
=residual profit
and then split it to the ratios given old and new...

interest on loan is not to be included in the appropriation account as it would have already been taken out of the Profit & Loss account under Expenses.
Reply 18
Original post by nakz_
interest on loan is not to be included in the appropriation account as it would have already been taken out of the Profit & Loss account under Expenses.

What did you get in the split in years?

Quick Reply

Latest