The Student Room Group

Accommodation question

Don't really know where this goes so I'm going to put it here.

If I apply for accommodation and decide not to go on results day, what happens? Do I still have to pay some sort of deposit or what. Just want to make sure before I make my application.

And if I decide not to go to university at all this year on results day do I just pull out of the UCAS system?
My friend's applied for accommodation just in case she decides to go. It may depend on the university but I don't think you'd have to pay a deposit as you don't pay a deposit until after results day anyway. As long as you let them know.

And if you decide not to go you can decline your offer. If not, again you could contact your university and your place can be put into clearing/adjustment :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by rebeccadaleyx
My friend's applied for accommodation just in case she decides to go. It may depend on the university but I don't think you'd have to pay a deposit as you don't pay a deposit until after results day anyway. As long as you let them know.

And if you decide not to go you can decline your offer. If not, again you could contact your university and your place can be put into clearing/adjustment :smile:

Thank you.
Reply 3
You need to read the accommodation contract as it will vary. Some will let you not go without paying anything, others will demand you pay until they find someone to take your room.

And some unis don't make you pay a deposit until after results day, but other unis do. Again, it varies. At some unis you don't even apply for accommodation until after results day!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending