The Student Room Group

Flow line map-Geography-HELP..

I seriously don't get what they are. I know it's something terribly simple. But I just don't get it.

Look at this paper:http://store.aqa.org.uk/qual/newgcse/pdf/AQA-40302H-W-QP-JUN10.PDF

Look at question 6, someone please explain it to me. I would be very grateful.
I also have the markscheme
Reply 1
Basically, can you see the key at the bottom left hand corner? That tells you that an arrow of that width = 2% of the tourists that visit Alaska. So think of it as - the thicker the arrow the bigger the percentage of tourists that visit Alaska from that certain area. For question 6ai, you would draw an arrow from Canada to Alaska, but then thicken it so that its wisth was 5 ( as 2x5=10) times that of the arrow in the Key. Have I helped at all? ^_^
Reply 2
Original post by SmileAway
Basically, can you see the key at the bottom left hand corner? That tells you that an arrow of that width = 2% of the tourists that visit Alaska. So think of it as - the thicker the arrow the bigger the percentage of tourists that visit Alaska from that certain area. For question 6ai, you would draw an arrow from Canada to Alaska, but then thicken it so that its wisth was 5 ( as 2x5=10) times that of the arrow in the Key. Have I helped at all? ^_^

Oh my gosh I have only just realised that it says Canada 4% in the box, no wonder I was getting confused! Can't believe I couldn't see it. You also times it by 2 not five because you want 4%....
Reply 3
Oh sorry! I thought it said ten percent because I got confused with the box which said Figure 10, and the canada 4% ^_^

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending