The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Economics Unit 3 - 12th June 2012 PM

Scroll to see replies

Reply 440
Original post by zaneali

Dont worry too much mate, my mate only got 1 out of 5 in unit 4 but still ended up with 75 ums, depends how well you done on the rest of the questions

Still, like 5 easy UMS down the drain :smile:
Reply 441
Original post by Alexander94
I found this, I have fairly small writing though, then ended up scribbling down half a page of rubbish at the end (I finished with about half an hour to go).

I sat this in January and got 76UMS but there were reasons for that... this seemed a bit easier, but still not great!!

I sat the one in Jan and got 81 ums though I thought it went fairly well at the time considering the questions, don't think I will have improved much with this one though :frown:
Reply 442
Thought the exam was tomorrow and turned up half an hour late after being phoned :frown:. Still poverty question i thought was almost brilliant, though second half in general seemed difficult. What did people put for the oligopoly 15 marker?
Reply 443
There must be one other person who did the first question like me haha?
Reply 444
Original post by joshadams
Thought the exam was tomorrow and turned up half an hour late after being phoned :frown:. Still poverty question i thought was almost brilliant, though second half in general seemed difficult. What did people put for the oligopoly 15 marker?

I defined it. Said with uncertainty about because they are similar and price wars and elasticity and all that stuff then with interdepence talked about collusion and why they would do so.
Reply 445
Original post by Jakeeyy
Still, like 5 easy UMS down the drain :smile:

thats true, well I lost 3 marks in jan on unit 4, doing the same mistake, getting the correct answer then changing it. what annoys me most is why they have a working out question rather then a comparison
Original post by tonymanny
For the 15 marker, Kinked demand curve= rigid prices etc. Talk about how its inelastic and elastic, and how the state of competitive inderpendence will mean they rely on reactions of competing firms. Then a little on collusion.
For the 25 marker, i wrote about a page and a half on why oligopolies can cause problems, like collusion fixed pricing etc. Then wrote how you should increase contestability, Use competition comission etc, like they have done with BA and virgin in the past. Then chucked in regulation and max price, so firms cant make supernomal profits.

I think most of that should be fine :smile:, on the other hand i failed section A

That is EXACTLY what i did! Hope we're right :smile:
Reply 447
What did people get for the first data response question calculation?
Reply 448
Haha i need 60 UMS for an A, but section A was terrible so im a little worried.
Reply 449
How many UMS need to get 60%
Reply 450
1.7 was the first data response
Reply 451
Original post by Matt osbourne
That is EXACTLY what i did! Hope we're right :smile:

Oops i didn't mention price caps. 15 marker i mentioned how with price wars they could cock up. Drew my kinked demand curve wrong though.
I also almost missed the second half of the poverty question "explain the difference between absolute and relative poverty and explain two causes of poverty" (or something similar) because some genius was stood outside the exam room whistling "I'm singing in the rain" (rather well admitedly
Reply 453
Original post by Jakeeyy
I defined it. Said with uncertainty about because they are similar and price wars and elasticity and all that stuff then with interdepence talked about collusion and why they would do so.

Yeah i put similar things, didn't put much about elasticities which is fundamental to kinked demand which was idiotic and struggled thinking about examples for the second part urgh!
Reply 454
i stupidly wrote 0.2 for the data response as i did 6500 divided by 35000 ( cant remember exactly) does anybody know if i will get any marks ?
Reply 455

Cheers, 5 marks then :smile:
Reply 456
If anyone did question 1, about like market failure and pollution and ****. Speak to me im ****ting it about it haha
Reply 457

How did you do that question :confused:
Reply 458
I drew kinked demand wrong aswell, too many kinks.
Reply 459
it was 500/ over the number they had given. What was the 25 marker about? I just wrote like rubbish i think

Quick Reply

Latest