The Student Room Group

OCR History B (Modern World) GCSE - 12th June 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GeneralOJB
How did everyone find it? I did international relations(The Inter-war years) with the USA, filled the 8 page booklet and 2 of the extra 2 page booklets, so about 11/12 pages in total. Thought it was pretty easy. :biggrin:

I thought it was pretty easy, what did you interpret the source on international relations as? I had a 12 page booklet and filled it all so quite pleased:smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Navdeep
But no-one in my year has ever been taught about Bolshevism, EVER. So why did it come up? It wasn't even on the spec :s-smilie:

We were given a brief powerpoint at the start of the, nothing serious. But a lot of my year didn't get it either, so it's orite! My friend made a guess at communism as Bolvesism sounded Russian :lol:
Original post by stephenremi
anyone do the first c question on the league of nations?

I think I did it what was the question I forgot

Original post by YazzyH
Let's just say I shouldn't expect an A*....

Does anyone know where I can find a source analysis for the initial source of the Paris Peace Conference?

I've been googling and couldn't find it anywhere it was called the final touch or something

I got that one completely wrong... How did everyone just GUESS it was communism!!? D: It was 7 marks so I doubt I'll get any for that one :frown: The rest of the paper was alright, but I think I've dropped some marks throughout :frown: PRAYING FOR LOW GRADE BOUNDARIEEES!!!! :biggrin:
Original post by Melissajanex
I think I did it what was the question I forgot

I cant remember the exact wording but it was something like "the structure and organisation of the league of nations was why it failed in 1930s". I wasnt sure how to answer it, for and against, or to link in other reasons?
I was aiming for a* but think I'll have to settle for an a!:biggrin:

Oh, GCSE, try A2s. it will intellectually **** you...
Reply 28
I cant remember the exact wording but it was something like "the structure and organisation of the league of nations was why it failed in 1930s". I wasnt sure how to answer it, for and against, or to link in other reasons?

i did this one!

Oh I didnt do it because it was hard I did question 3. But you would talk about that and other reasons why it failed. I did 'hitler was to blame for the war' I talked about the steps to war then other reasons like the policy of appeasement and league of nations

Original post by Dennerers
Oh, GCSE, try A2s. it will intellectually **** you...

Can't wait:biggrin:! Chemistry, maths, history and geography. Oh the joys

did anyone do International relations (the first page) and then Russia (Stalin etc)

personally have never heard of 'Saar' which was the topic of one of the questions and neither have my classmates.

found the paper very hard - suggestions?
Reply 32
The Wolf (QUESTION 4A)
Although this was not on the specification, Bolshevism is a type of communism

The wolf and the blood represented the destruction of communism, like the spartacists sort of thingg.......
Reply 33
That wolf question was awful! It's ridiculous as the Bolsheviks are covered in the Russia depth study in the OCR revision guide?

Reply 34
Yehh.... bolshevism really should not have been on that paper.... the grade boundaries should be lower or they will remover the question.
Reply 35
Original post by momo26396
The Wolf (QUESTION 4A)
Although this was not on the specification, Bolshevism is a type of communism

The wolf and the blood represented the destruction of communism, like the spartacists sort of thingg.......

the destruction caused by communism??
Reply 36
Original post by books28
the destruction caused by communism??

Yehh.. it acts as a mechanism to show what could happen to the German peope if they supported the spartacist uprisings in January 1919. Its published by the weimar republic to show they devastation caused by communism, so to encourage people not to support them, and support the weimar democracy

something on the lines of that reallyyy........
Original post by Melissajanex
Can't wait:biggrin:! Chemistry, maths, history and geography. Oh the joys

Ohhh my god i did Geogs to be honest i found it so hard, no one in my class got above a C, and well were all pretty good at it... Dropped it at AS. trips were good though:biggrin:
Reply 38
How many pages did you guys use??????????
Reply 39
Original post by yolosinceday
did anyone do International relations (the first page) and then Russia (Stalin etc)

personally have never heard of 'Saar' which was the topic of one of the questions and neither have my classmates.

found the paper very hard - suggestions?

plebiscite held in 1935 to ask whether they wanted to rule on their own or be part of Germany
90% of people voted for union
Army entered
Gained back lost land, 13%

expand

Quick Reply