The Student Room Group

Deutsche Prüfung!!

Who's doing the German GCSE exam on the 18th and 27th of June??
Reply 1
I am! I've mainly been revising by memorising vocabulary from the specification.
Reply 2
I am. Which exam board are you with?

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Salsa C510e
Reply 3
Original post by JLKeating
I am. Which exam board are you with?

Aqa... what about u?
Reply 4
Original post by brainx
Aqa... what about u?

Yep, me too :smile: what kind of revision have you done for it?
Reply 5
I'm not going to lie and say alot but Ive done a bit... its my mother tounge so the only actual practice ive actually done is some speaking with my mum and then Im reading a german book to learn some more vocab :smile:
What about you?
Reply 6
Original post by brainx
I'm not going to lie and say alot but Ive done a bit... its my mother tounge so the only actual practice ive actually done is some speaking with my mum and then Im reading a german book to learn some more vocab :smile:
What about you?

Oh that's cool! And apart from very infrequently learning a few words from my vocabulary book, nothing substantial as of yet. I don't even think I will, the exam isn't particularly panicking me :smile:

Reply 7
How come?? Are you good at it or don't you care??
Reply 8
Original post by brainx
How come?? Are you good at it or don't you care??

Oh no, I love it! I'm taking it next year! I feel confident I will get an okay mark to be honest. I will do some practice papers, mainly for listening as I find that harder.

Reply 9
Original post by mike256
I am! I've mainly been revising by memorising vocabulary from the specification.

Good idea... I did the exam last year and tbh it wasn't hard but listening is a killer!!
Reply 10
Original post by brainx
Good idea... I did the exam last year and tbh it wasn't hard but listening is a killer!!

Yeah, I'm much weaker in listening. I think it's because I can only hear it twice, whereas with reading I can re-read everything as much as I want.
Reply 11
Original post by mike256
Yeah, I'm much weaker in listening. I think it's because I can only hear it twice, whereas with reading I can re-read everything as much as I want.

Sooo true... and im fluent which is a real embarrassment but not everyone's great:colondollar:
Hows your revision going??
Reply 12
Original post by brainx
Sooo true... and im fluent which is a real embarrassment but not everyone's great:colondollar:
Hows your revision going??

It's going fine, but I should have started learning vocabulary earlier :biggrin: It's reassuring to know that it's not easy even for a fluent speaker!
Reply 13
Original post by mike256
It's going fine, but I should have started learning vocabulary earlier :biggrin: It's reassuring to know that it's not easy even for a fluent speaker!

Lol yh its not... I got a C first time but I need an A and awkwardly I'm wayyy better a:confused:t french
Reply 14
Hi guys... how did you all do in the exam??
I finally got an A
Reply 15
Original post by brainx
Hi guys... how did you all do in the exam??
I finally got an A

Congratulations! I got A* :biggrin:
Reply 16
Original post by mike256
Congratulations! I got A* :biggrin:

WOW!! I am ttly ashamed lol but well done you did sooo well :smile:
Yeah Im fluent and got an A.... even my best friend who doubts herself got an A* but it was defo my cw...

Anyways u should be sooo proud :biggrin: xxx

Quick Reply

Latest