The Student Room Group

A2 wjec law -LA3+LA4 15th june+25th June 2012

here's some revision notes, i have some stuff that my teacher gave to me for every unit, which i will upload in due course
i am having some issues with the synoptic question for section B of LA4- ANY TIPS
P.s can someone help me with the question evaluate the impact of the human rights act on the protection of human rights within the UK
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
For section LA4, section B, just answer the part b) on Human Rights, there's been one every paper so far. That was it isn't really synoptic, its just this year's material.
If that fails, just hope that your LA3 revision will contribute to your part b). What topics have you revised so far?

For the HRA evaluation, literally describe the law and evaluate whether or not it's helpful or not, such as evaluate S4 with S10? Have you looked at Bill of Rights? That helps with evaluation too!
Reply 2
Original post by shaziaxo
For section LA4, section B, just answer the part b) on Human Rights, there's been one every paper so far. That was it isn't really synoptic, its just this year's material.
If that fails, just hope that your LA3 revision will contribute to your part b). What topics have you revised so far?

For the HRA evaluation, literally describe the law and evaluate whether or not it's helpful or not, such as evaluate S4 with S10? Have you looked at Bill of Rights? That helps with evaluation too!

i,ve revised everything - thank you for tip
Reply 6
New to this site so not a clue what I'm doing !
But what topics is everyone revising for la3 (15th June?) As a lot of them come up every year ?!
Reply 7
Original post by SD12
But what topics is everyone revising for la3 (15th June?) As a lot of them come up every year ?!

homocide always comes up, as does police powers and non-fatal offences and defences to them.
Reply 8
Original post by ndubz4lyf
here's some revision notes, i have some stuff that my teacher gave to me for every unit, which i will upload in due course
i am having some issues with the synoptic question for section B of LA4- ANY TIPS
P.s can someone help me with the question evaluate the impact of the human rights act on the protection of human rights within the UK

you know there are 11 markers?
what would you have to write about/include for the appeal process?
Reply 9
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2001570&p=38041162

This website on appeals is identical to my notes, and pretty much all you need to know, taking into account the difference between magistrates and crown court as well as routes of appeal of defendant and prosecution- hope that helps!
Reply 10
Original post by JessNurden
you know there are 11 markers?
what would you have to write about/include for the appeal process?

no section B is 14 marks and its not marked in how it would be in other subjects , you got to pretend it like a 25 marker, as you have 30 min to write it in
Reply 11
Hi

Can anyone help me out for the LA3 exam on Friday. I'm revising both police powers and homicide. I believe I'm ready for the part A of each question but I'm confused to what will come up as a part B and what I'm expected to revise on as there can be many different part B questions

any help would be appreciated:smile:
Reply 12
Original post by ndubz4lyf
no section B is 14 marks and its not marked in how it would be in other subjects , you got to pretend it like a 25 marker, as you have 30 min to write it in

No..

I meant LA3.

The questions are split into 2.
A 14 marker and an 11 marker.

A question on appeals would be, and can only be an 11 marker.
Reply 13
Original post by Taka
Hi

Can anyone help me out for the LA3 exam on Friday. I'm revising both police powers and homicide. I believe I'm ready for the part A of each question but I'm confused to what will come up as a part B and what I'm expected to revise on as there can be many different part B questions

Part B:

Power Powers
Rule of Law
Police bail
CPS
Juries
Legal Aid
Appeals
Maybe IPCC
Reply 14
Original post by Taka
Hi

it can be anything from AS, but there tend to be links between cps, bail,juries, appeals, legal aid
Reply 15
Can anyone tell me how to structure the part B on Appeals I have revision notes but they seem rather small compared to my other part B notes
Reply 16
Original post by SD12

Part a)'s: Police Powers, National Security, Protest and Contempt of Court.
Part b)'s: Legal aid, Bail, Freedom of Expression, Role of the Crown Court/Magistrates, Appeals, Rule of Law :smile:

I might have a look at CCRC and CPS later today, but I'm not too sure. The part b)s are gonna f**k me over big time.
Reply 17
Original post by Taka
Can anyone tell me how to structure the part B on Appeals I have revision notes but they seem rather small compared to my other part B notes

Start off with Criminal Appeals Act 1995, then describe the appeal from Mags - Crown - QBD (with possible Supreme Court and ECJ on points of law/ points of EU law) and then Crown- CoA Criminal Division - Supreme Court (on point of law).

Don't forget to describe both the pros and def routes and what goes on during the appeals! They could ask you on either appeal route or both, so be prepared for that too.

Don't worry about the length, my answer written up was only a page and a bit. My crown court answer was 2 paragraphs long and got 11 marks! Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 18
Original post by shaziaxo
Part a)'s: Police Powers, National Security, Protest and Contempt of Court.
Part b)'s: Legal aid, Bail, Freedom of Expression, Role of the Crown Court/Magistrates, Appeals, Rule of Law :smile:

I might have a look at CCRC and CPS later today, but I'm not too sure. The part b)s are gonna f**k me over big time.

I think we may be doing different papers! I'm doing la3 option 2- criminal law, never done national security !! I know, Same :frown:
Reply 19
Original post by SD12
I think we may be doing different papers! I'm doing la3 option 2- criminal law, never done national security !! I know, Same :frown:

Oooooh I see! Well thats annoying :frown: and I hate this AS element to the exam, it really gets to me :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest