The Student Room Group

How strongly do you feel before entering a relationship from dating?

How strongly are you supposed to feel for someone after a few months of dating for a relationship?

I was told by a guy he hadnt 'emotionally bonded' yet but surely enjoying their company, texting loads, saying you like them as more than a friend, finding tem attractive, telling your friends you are seeing someone is emotionally attached enough to see them more..
Guys are generally more reluctant to get into relationships than girls. I have been in several situations like yours above and at the end of the day those guys are never going to be ready. With my last boyfriend he was just like "so....are we together?" after about a month of seeing each other. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't.
Reply 2
Original post by LavenderBlueSky88
Guys are generally more reluctant to get into relationships than girls. I have been in several situations like yours above and at the end of the day those guys are never going to be ready. With my last boyfriend he was just like "so....are we together?" after about a month of seeing each other. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't.

Why are they never going to be ready?
Original post by Anonymous
Why are they never going to be ready?

well I just think if after a few months of getting to know someone you still aren't sure if you want to be with them then they're maybe not the right person. Some guys just don't do relationships until they're a bit older (girl's mature a lot quicker in that respect I guess). This is just my experience and by no means a universal truth!
Reply 4
Original post by LavenderBlueSky88
well I just think if after a few months of getting to know someone you still aren't sure if you want to be with them then they're maybe not the right person. Some guys just don't do relationships until they're a bit older (girl's mature a lot quicker in that respect I guess). This is just my experience and by no means a universal truth!

Yeah I guess you are right. I am trying not to feel too down about it.. He knew one of his exes for 7 months before a relationship and the other 2 exes he wasn't too bothered about. I guess his heart is quire picky.

But when you get into a relationship with someone how strongly do you feel for them?
Reply 5
For me it took me having a drunken epiphany before realising I wanted to date the guy.
though in that case, he was straddling the line of being friendzoned so not quite the same
Reply 6
I feel like bending her over a kitchen table...

Not sure if that's a strong feeling or not.
Reply 7
Original post by Foo.mp3
There is no "supposed to", you do it when it feels right :smile:

It may well be that he's just a commitment-phobe/field player, comme moi :h:

Is that what it sounds like the guy i am referring to is? rather than being uninterested?
Original post by lad-lad
I feel like bending her over a kitchen table...

Not sure if that's a strong feeling or not.

Lollol

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending