The Student Room Group

OCR GCSE Maths Unit C 13th June

So how did everyone find it?

I thought it wasn't too bad. I was expecting to see questions about sin/cosine graphs but ,luckily, it didn't come up. :biggrin:

What did people get for the final question? ( the algebraic fraction question)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Han456
So how did everyone find it?

I thought it wasn't too bad. I was expecting to see questions about sin/cosine graphs but ,luckily, it didn't come up. :biggrin:

What did people get for the final question? ( the algebraic fraction question)

It was great :biggrin:
What was the algebraic fraction question again?
Oh, and how long did it take you to finish the paper?
Reply 2
Can someone help me i'm a bit confused with how many marks i needed in this unit c exam for an A overall:
I got:
80 UMS in unit A
84 UMS in unit B
Reply 3
i think i put for the last one x squared - 5 over x squared + 6
Reply 4
Original post by lizz-ie

I think it was...

x+5/x-2 minus x/x-3

had to explain in a fraction
Reply 5
Original post by Callnew
Can someone help me i'm a bit confused with how many marks i needed in this unit c exam for an A overall:
I got:
80 UMS in unit A
84 UMS in unit B

On the specification, it says that for an A you need 320 UMS out of 400 ums. So in unit c you need 156 or more :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Han456
On the specification, it says that for an A you need 320 UMS out of 400 ums. So in unit c you need 156 or more :smile:

would 156 UMS be 78/100??
Reply 7
Original post by Callnew
would 156 UMS be 78/100??

Unit C is out of 200 UMS. So 156 would be between B to A :smile:

Oh sorry, did you mean marks? ( not ums) it changes every year according to the difficulty of the exam. For the unit b exam in January, it was only 38/60 for an A* and 30/60 for an A. So maybe for an A in this exam you would need 70% ish, but that's just a guess. :biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by lizz-ie

I found that 2 hours was plenty of time! Loads of people in the exam was finished with 45 minutes to spare, even after checking our answers :biggrin:

Like Whoopli said: x+5/x-2 minus x/x-3 :confused:
i ended up with 4x-15 over (x-2)(x-3) (or something) on the last question

i multiplied the denominators and numerator by opposite denominator ect to get the same denominator - i think thats what you do? then subtracted the top numbers
Reply 10
Original post by Han456
I found that 2 hours was plenty of time! Loads of people in the exam was finished with 45 minutes to spare, even after checking our answers :biggrin:

Like Whoopli said: x+5/x-2 minus x/x-3 :confused:

I finished after an hour and 10 minutes, I think I was the first to finish! I just looked up, and everyone including the foundation people was still writing!

And for the last question, I got 4x-15 over x^2-5x+6 :')

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 11
Original post by adam132
i ended up with 4x-15 over (x-2)(x-3) (or something) on the last question

i multiplied the denominators and numerator by opposite denominator ect to get the same denominator - i think thats what you do? then subtracted the top numbers

That's what I got, apart from that I multiplied out the brackets at the bottom, I think both ways are right :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 12
did anyone else get £727.26 for the cost of materials for the tent?
Reply 13
i sat foundation paper i thought it was okay? how did everyone else find it?:smile:
Reply 14
Original post by Callnew
did anyone else get £727.26 for the cost of materials for the tent?

I can't remember exactly what I put, but I think I wrote £500 and something, but it might be wrong :s-smilie:
Reply 15
For the last question i got -15 over (x-2)(x-3) [i think] the 2x on the left was a plus because you multiply out then simplify so it made it 2x-2x so no x was there. Well thats what my teacher said afterwards
Reply 16
i think for the tent question i got like £554 and did you all get £30.50 more on the interest question?
Reply 17
also on the last question i got 4x-15 over (x-2) (x-3) but i also expanded the bottom brackets
Reply 18
Original post by chrisy:)
also on the last question i got 4x-15 over (x-2) (x-3) but i also expanded the bottom brackets

Thats what I got as it was 2x -- 2x and two minuses make a plus :smile:
Reply 19
Original post by chrisy:)
i think for the tent question i got like £554 and did you all get £30.50 more on the interest question?

I got £30.50

Quick Reply

Latest