The Student Room Group

In a relationship with 3 different people at the same time?

I'm a gay guy and right now, me and 3 other gay guys are all dating each other at the same time; we obviously all know, because all our dates are with all of us together. We all have sex with each other, and we all have equal feelings for each other.

Is this acceptable? Part of me thinks it's wrong, but we all enjoy it so much, and we all feel that it's right.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Flyteryder

Is this acceptable? Part of me thinks it's wrong, but we all enjoy it so much, and we all feel that it's right.

That's all the matters, screw the idea of it being acceptable or unacceptable, if you enjoy it and if you're happy, there's no problem. :smile:
Reply 2
That. Is. Mental.

Fair play to you, though. If there's no jealously or anything floating about then why not? You're not married so you're not commiting adultery or anything. Plus single folks (sexuality-irrelevant) probably sleep with more than just 3 people on a regular basis so go wild.
That sounds pretty cool, do what you enjoy.
Reply 4
Bump.
Reply 5
Anyone else?
Reply 6
Seems kool

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 7
If you're all happy with it, then honestly who gives a **** what anybody else thinks :smile:
the difference is that you all know about it and or ok with it compared to most other relationships with more than one partner.

So carry on. You are all enjoying it so what?
Reply 9
as long as noone is getting hurt
also safe sex!
Reply 10
Original post by ellieHA
as long as noone is getting hurt
also safe sex!

Yeah, you don't want to go getting pregnant.

I think if there's no jealousy, etc, then it's kind of fine. Not socially normal, but that's no reason to stop doing something.
Reply 11
Original post by Tedaus
Yeah, you don't want to go getting pregnant.

STDs my friend STDs
How did I know this would be a gay person?
I hate to say this, but there are stereotypes for a reason...
Monogamy is a choice, not a universal invariant.

I think its ridiculous how regardless of compatibility and trust and honesty and love, monogamy is not only the proper but the only choice we are supposed to have in relationships.

Congratulations of taking the choice we are never offered. Don't let anyone stop you from being who you are.
Reply 15
Well, if all of you think and feel it is right then go for it!
I think it's actually quite mature to be able to have a relationship with 3 other guys without any jelousy or problems :smile:

I wish you the best really :smile:

I don't think it's wrong either, it's natural and it's something you and your partners have decided to do.

Just make sure that you are having safe sex and everything is good to go :biggrin:
Original post by suffocation1992
I hate to say this, but there are stereotypes for a reason...

Stereotypes of what? I'm not aware of these, but that's probably due to a distinct lack of homophobia in my social circle.

That said, it's quite a compliment to the gay community if they're seen as being more able to understand and accept consensually non-monogamous relationships than straight people.
Reply 17
I really don't want to be judgemental because at the end of the day if you're all genuinely happy THAT is the main thing. But in my mind, it just seems quite sordid. On the otherhand it is your life, so what others think is mostly irrelevant.
Reply 18
Original post by Chumbaniya
Stereotypes of what? I'm not aware of these, but that's probably due to a distinct lack of homophobia in my social circle.

That said, it's quite a compliment to the gay community if they're seen as being more able to understand and accept consensually non-monogamous relationships than straight people.

I think the stereotype they're refering to is that homosexual people are promiscuous. This annoys me, anyone can be primiscuous it has nothing to do with which sex you prefer. Stupid.
I was thinking about it the other day and it's actually quite cute that you can all do that and get on and be so close, like I said who cares if it's not the norm; If you're happy then that's all that matters.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Quick Reply

Latest