The Student Room Group

AQA Maths GCSE Unit 2 - 11th June - Unofficial Mark Scheme

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
i dont even remember that 1 :frown: didnt c it ....was that the foundation paper or higher??? I did the higher but ran out of time!
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by zayba
i dont even remember that 1 :frown: didnt c itwas that the foundation paper or higher??? I did the higher but ran out of time!

I had about 25 minutes left but I did find a bad mistake and corrected it:colondollar:
Reply 22
Well seems as I am doing this two years early and I panicked like crazy doing something that is easy by sight proved rather hard to be honest. And I'm not the best mathematician either, I'm more of a writer to be honest.
Reply 23
Roughly how many marks would it be for an a* ?
Reply 24
for the train ticket question i picked the second ticket offer, 60 + 1.5 credit card charge and 80p handling charge, what about ever1 else ?
Reply 25
Original post by Student16S

I've heard that its 77% but I'm not too sure
Original post by Student16S

46 an a* in the past papers has been≥45≤48-I think.
Reply 27
I hope the grade boundaries are lowered and it is 45 or 46 for an a*
Reply 28
What are the grade boundaries for all the grades?
Original post by ShannonS
What are the grade boundaries for all the grades?

I estimate A*-46 A-36 B-27 C-19 D-12.You are also allowed to scrape an E.
IS it really 15? YAY! That's what I put! It was the last question on my paper because I'm doing foundation and I'm thrilled I got it right because Maths isn't my strong point.
How did you work out the 4/5 thing?

Shannon 12/4= 3 x 5=15
question 17 or "the grid question" can be worked out by finding out what the different co-ordinates are:

The first thing i did was re-arrange the equation and draw a table with A-D and the co-ordinates.

the equation was y=-2x+6

using that i knew that B was (0,6)

And because A's y value was 0, i could use the mx part of the equation to find the x value, which is 3. (this is how far you go back from B to get Cs x value)

with that information i plotted where C was in terms of B , which was 3 to the left and 6 up, making C : (-3, +12)

Now i knew what C: (-3,+12) and D: (-7, 0) were, i could find the gradient and intercept by finding where C was in terms of D.

To get from D to C on the x axis you go across 4
To get from D to C on the y axis you go up 12.

The gradient is therefore 12/4 or 3.

You can use the 3 in an equation for one of the C or D x values, so if x=-3 for c then 3x would equal -9, and to get to 12 you add 21. the same with x=7.

the final equation answer should of been y=3x+21

(I think factorising the equation to make y/3=x +7 is right but i don't think the examier would accept it since equations are in the form y=mx+c)
I seem to be the only one who found this paper hard! I didn't understand the last few questions and my mind went blank on easy ones! What is the lowest you can actually get on this test?

Nope I found it hard too hopefully the grade boundary will be lowered!!!!
Reply 34
I found it really hard.

How many marks do you think i would get for the graph question as i put y= 4x + 28 and put the number -3 somewhere. Sorry for little detail but this question is stressing me out as everyone else in my class got it right ( y= 3x + 21), how many marks was the graph question btw?

On the last question i put 4 and -16, how many marks do yoy think i would get for that?

Also for the 3 to the power of 2012 question i put 9 but that was a quess and i didnt really put any logical working down so how many marks do you think i would get for that?

Thanks and good luck!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 35
Original post by candyfloss.head
Nope I found it hard too hopefully the grade boundary will be lowered!!!!

i hope so!! I dont get to find out my mark until the end of summer so i will definitely worry all summer! haha
Reply 36
Original post by wombie97
I found it really hard.

How many marks do you think i would get for the graph question as i put y= 4x + 28 and put the number -3 somewhere. Sorry for little detail but this question is stressing me out as everyone else in my class got it right ( y= 3x + 21), how many marks was the graph question btw?

On the last question i put 4 and -16, how many marks do yoy think i would get for that?

Also for the 3 to the power of 2012 question i put 9 but that was a quess and i didnt really put any logical working down so how many marks do you think i would get for that?

Thanks and good luck!

the last question you should have got 4 marks out of th 5 because i made exactly the same mistake! and im not sure about th 3 to the power of 2012 question as many people are unsure about what the mark scheme will be like for this.

good luck anyway!:-)
Reply 37
hey what was the anser for the age question i got 10 how many marks would i9 get
Reply 38
is anyone there

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending