The Student Room Group

what happens if you get the wrong combination of grades?

....Your offer was say AAB in biology, geography and physics respectively but you get the AAB in physics, biology and geography

I mean to say if your offer is a certain grade for each subject and you still get those grades but not in those subjects, what happens to your offer
Original post by applesandpears
....Your offer was say AAB in biology, geography and physics respectively but you get the AAB in physics, biology and geography

I mean to say if your offer is a certain grade for each subject and you still get those grades but not in those subjects, what happens to your offer

It means you have not complied with its terms and could be rejected depending on the university's attitude to the importance of the individual subjects for your course and how well others have performed.

You miss it, basically, but are you sure your offer has actually specified AAB in Biology, Geography and Physics *respectively*? It seems quite odd for a uni to do that.
Reply 3
Original post by Junaid96
You miss it, basically, but are you sure your offer has actually specified AAB in Biology, Geography and Physics *respectively*? It seems quite odd for a uni to do that.

no lol :tongue: its simply an example and a stupid one at that
Reply 4
Original post by Good bloke
It means you have not complied with its terms and could be rejected depending on the university's attitude to the importance of the individual subjects for your course and how well others have performed.

so it would be essentially the same as getting 3B's for example when they wanted 3A's or do you get looked upon more favourably, I know each uni is different but is there a general trend at all
so it would be essentially the same as getting 3B's for example when they wanted 3A's or do you get looked upon more favourably, I know each uni is different but is there a general trend at all

Obviously AAB is looked upon more favourably than BBB! :smile: Tbh as long as they weren't completely packed then you probably would still get in.
Original post by Junaid96
It seems quite odd for a uni to do that.

But many offers include something like

... ABB including an A in physics

or

... 320 UCAS tariff points to include a full A level in maths at grade A or above

At this stage of the cycle not even the admissions tutors know what they will do, unless they have a set policy that a particular A level must be offered at grade A, for example.
Reply 8
my offer is AAB and they've asked for a specific grade in each subject, and like the first example i think i will get one of the A's in the subject they want a B in and a B in a subject they want an A in :s-smilie: so i'm just going to make sure i have all the numbers ready to phone in on results day...
It's the same as if you miss by being a grade lower.
Obviously it isn't as bad as missing in grades, but it still comes down to how many people do the same thing and how much the uni doesn't want to take people without the exact free conditions.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending