The Student Room Group

Should I pick Spanish as an A-Level?

Hi everyone, very new on this website. So help me out, im debating whether or not to take A-Level Spanish next year for sixth form. I do it at GCSE and did really well on it, came out with an A* in the exam and As throughout my coursework. My problem is, im moving schools so I wont have my current Spanish teacher it'll be someone else, should I take the risk?
Original post by SharminaSyeda
I'm moving schools so I wont have my current Spanish teacher it'll be someone else, should I take the risk?

I'd say that whatever subject you choose to study it's going to be a risk that you won't have a teacher you like. If you enjoy Spanish and you think you could do well in it, I'd go for it :smile:. If you're motivated and you enjoy it, you'll learn it whether you've got a good teacher or not - you might just have to do a bit more learning on your own or with a study group.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by inamuckingfuddle
I'd say that whatever subject you choose to study it's going to be a risk that you won't have a teacher you like. If you enjoy Spanish and you think you could do well in it, I'd go for it :smile:. If you're motivated and you enjoy it, you'll learn it whether you've got a good teacher or not - you might just have to do a bit more learning on your own or with a study group.

I guess, im going for a visit to the school im gonnor be checking out the Spanish classes and if i get a chance meet some of the teachers, thats a good idea right?
Sure, a language at A Level is great to have! You have to be prepared to learn vocab, perfect your grammar and be able to react spontaneously in a speaking exam, but if you think you have a flair you'll be fine. You just have to work at it, like every other A Level :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 4
Original post by helzz94
Sure, a language at A Level is great to have! You have to be prepared to learn vocab, perfect your grammar and be able to react spontaneously in a speaking exam, but if you think you have a flair you'll be fine. You just have to work at it, like every other A Level :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Yeah it is right? A language to have at A-Level is really impressive and i would be a fool to not take advantage of it seeing as i got A* throughout the course? Right thanks everyone for your help :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending