The Student Room Group

Failed. Won't get the grade for uni

Today was my A2 summer exam for a subject I was predicted an A in, so my uni offer requires I get an A in it. I needed to get a low B in this exam to get an A overall. In the exam I became extremely nervous and I couldn't stop breathing heavily, which isn't like me.

Essentially, even though I revised incredibly hard for this exam, I didn't know what the questions were saying, as in I had trouble understanding what the basic words were asking for. I completed about half of the exam without knowing where the time had gone.

In hindsight I think it may have been a panic attack, but having never had one before, I don't know whether it was me just burning out or what. Is it worth me writing to admissions at uni to explain I won't be getting the grade, for a fact, because of this in the hope they'd somehow take that into consideration... or is it a waste of everybody's time.

Thanks
(edited 11 years ago)
Relax. The exam is over and done with. You don't need to contact the uni until you got your results for it. Sometimes when I think I did **** in an exam, I actually did well so you won't know your situation until results day.
Reply 2
i feel u pain, my story is a little different, i only need two d's to get an overall in maths, and consequently i failed d1 cos somehow i thought i was gonna merk c4 to make it up(i didnt do revision for c1,2,3 still got 95+), but today my mind went weridly nervous, and i couldnt concentrate.. also i fail chemistry as i dont need a grade for it and never revised.. i just wish i can get an a* in further maths and uni will let me in... i shouldnt have been so lazy, i wish i could have work hard, but oh well, its finished, lets hope everthing be ok, make sure these things wont happen to us again! good luck!!
(edited 11 years ago)
Had the same experience as you today, all we can do is hope for the best :frown:
Reply 4
It happened in my exam on Monday, I had maths and panicked to the point that I couldn't even do the most basic mental maths even though maths is my best subject and I'd revised ridiculously hard for it.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Quick Reply

Latest