Original post by Smko
Youll get the 1 mark for written communication for sure :smile:

haha. That'll get me A*
i counted 41/55 possible marks xD
Reply 781
Original post by Freddy-Francis
haha. That'll get me A*
i counted 41/55 possible marks xD

It'll be interesting to see what you actually get, i remember i sometimes do past papers when i think yea i done good to see that the markscheme requires one extra bit of information, you cant presume you got an A* like that without seeing the markscheme.
Original post by Aidn
I'd like to pull your attention to the CGP book content which I SCANNED onto my computer which took about an hour and a half out of my revision time to give a resource to anyone who needed it, so therefore it isn't "unfair",but it's you not looking through the posts carefully and making assumptions on things that aren't true.

Also, I don't want to sound like a pessimist, but OCR aren't going to treat triple scientists who are doing higher tier doing further biology dumb.. They're going to expect a lot more so assuming that because it's just GCSE's that they won't require things, you really need to look back at previous mark schemes with OCR's obsession with essential one worded mark strict answers. This may be disliked but it's the harsh truth.

I'm sorry I didn't see that you scanned the book in that was clearly a very nice thing to do but I only started reading this thread later. But still not everyone has access to it that's why I don't think it would be the answer or very fair. Normally looking through the mark schemes of past papers it would usually say something like valve and then have bicuspid in brackets. But I'm not an examiner so I can't say for sure it's just the general pattern I found, plus it was only one mark :P
Reply 783
Will i get any marks for the 3rd question from the back. The one how and where the substances are passed from the blood to the cells.

(I was thinking for the word tissue fluid but couldnt think of it in the exam. I was like BITCH PLEASE!)
So i didnt want to blank it so said. The substances are diffused into the cells through the capillaries. They are one cell thick and connect the arteries and veins.

ROFL. Anymarks for written communication as it is 3+1??

My predicted mark scheme for this question
1 mark for stating that it the blood comes from the arteries to to the capillaries

1 mark for stating the features which enable oxygen to pass into tissues, either capillaries

Now, you've not said anything about how blood gets to the capillaries in the first place so I wouldn't give you the mark, but who knows what the actual mark scheme says, something like oxygen transported by the blood from the heart via an artery would of done the trick :wink:

However, you would of got the 2nd mark for describing the wall being 1 cell thin so 2 marks out of 3 overall ;D
Original post by Aidn
My predicted mark scheme for this question
1 mark for stating that it the blood comes from the arteries to to the capillaries

1 mark for stating the features which enable oxygen to pass into tissues, either capillaries

Now, you've not said anything about how blood gets to the capillaries in the first place so I wouldn't give you the mark, but who knows what the actual mark scheme says, something like oxygen transported by the blood from the heart via an artery would of done the trick :wink:

However, you would of got the 2nd mark for describing the wall being 1 cell thin so 2 marks out of 3 overall ;D

And 1 mark for communication :wink:
so 3 out of 4?
I was so torn between mentioning tissue fluid but I didn't think that carried oxygen so I didn't write about it more just diffusion and oxyheamoglobin would that be right?
i wrote the blood enters the one cell thick capillary bed from the artery at high pressure. Water and other substances such as oxygen get forced into the capillaries and surrounds the tissues. It forms tissue fluid. Molecules such as oxygen and glucose then difuse into the tissue.

How many marks?
Reply 787
And 1 mark for communication :wink:
so 3 out of 4?

Was it out of 4? :s-smilie: Then you would of got 3..

Original post by science-oliver
i wrote the blood enters the one cell thick capillary bed from the artery at high pressure. Water and other substances such as oxygen get forced into the capillaries and surrounds the tissues. It forms tissue fluid. Molecules such as oxygen and glucose then difuse into the tissue.

How many marks?

3 marks..
3 marks..

cheers, :smile:

Just wondering where would've the 4th mark come from?
Original post by joe1545
It seems fun, but my friend just said its all about rivers and is really boring so im not sure :smile:
And cause my friend said that different regions do it at different times, like im in London so i do it at a different time to some one in the north, but i dont think thats true :P

Yeah, some bits are as boring as hell

Andddd ohhhhh yeah some exam boards do it at different times, so basically someone would be sitting the same exam as other students from the same exam boards (but different schools) and they can do it like 2 hours within each other, if u know what i mean??????? :biggrin:

And yeah it depepnds what exam board it is, coz some exams actually have the time and stuff on it dont they

Yeah i'm from london too :P
Original post by lauraaaaa
This was my last exam :smile: SO nervous for results day now!

What?! Lucky you! I still have history, chemistry core, physics core and 2 german exams! :frown:
Reply 791
Original post by science-oliver
cheers, :smile:

Just wondering where would've the 4th mark come from?

How the blood came from the heart pumping oxygenated blood through the arteries to the capillaries..
Reply 792
Original post by Skittle123
Yeah, some bits are as boring as hell

Andddd ohhhhh yeah some exam boards do it at different times, so basically someone would be sitting the same exam as other students from the same exam boards (but different schools) and they can do it like 2 hours within each other, if u know what i mean??????? :biggrin:

And yeah it depepnds what exam board it is, coz some exams actually have the time and stuff on it dont they

Yeah i'm from london too :P

yea yea i get you, i think what he meant was with exam boards like edexcel because they do exams abroad etc, but i dont think OCR do, so i think thats what it is :biggrin:

And where abouts from London are you, South, North, East etc ? :smile:

+ Did you have your Geography Exam today?
Reply 793
Original post by joe1545
yea yea i get you, i think what he meant was with exam boards like edexcel because they do exams abroad etc, but i dont think OCR do, so i think thats what it is :biggrin:

I did geography :sigh:
Original post by joe1545

Yeah, that probs explains why on tsr you're not allowed to discuss the exam until 12 hours after the exam was sat :smile: (edexcel)

East & North London :smile: I live in Hackney :biggrin:
What about you?? :smile:

And nope, i resat mine in January, so i didnt have to sit it today, THANK GOD :biggrin:
Reply 795
Yeah, that probs explains why on tsr you're not allowed to discuss the exam until 12 hours after the exam was sat :smile: (edexcel)

East & North London :smile: I live in Hackney :biggrin:
What about you?? :smile:

And nope, i resat mine in January, so i didnt have to sit it today, THANK GOD :biggrin:

Check your private messages :P
Original post by joe1545
Check your private messages :P

Yeah i got it :P- and check yours :biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by baffledchick
I used to do that, and don't worry I've just left it last minute so I obviously don't have enough time to memorise the ocr textbook. I know other people that are and I think it guarantees your A* because you're learning from the book the examining body have given. Btw thank you for the resources you posted earlier they're really helpful :smile:

OCR chemistry has a big mistake, in my opinion. Also Lonsdale books are the best. Trust me.
isnt it!! I always manage to come out of exams proud of myself but i always manage to get a C :frown:
Yeah Bio will defo be the hardest one to come , c

yeeee I fooked up my biology one aha didn't know anything sadface man
Original post by PackOfThieves
yeeee I fooked up my biology one aha didn't know anything sadface man

innit :frown:

Ah well, im just happy that today i've got my last exam then im DONE!!!! YAAAAAAAAAY :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending