Reply 80
Original post by woiiiichan
50% of 3.8 = 1.9
10% = 0.38
5% = 0.19
1.9 + 0.19 = 2.09 (55%concrete)

then they had 6 loads of something, multiplied by 5 = 30

30 divided by 2.09 = 14.35.

i put 14.35 as my answers guys.. does it matter? cus it didnt ask for a rounded answer...

you will only lose 1 mark :smile:
Reply 81
Original post by k.lunstone
you will only lose 1 mark :smile:

why would i lose one mark tho when it didnt specify whether it wanted rounding or not?
Reply 82
Original post by woiiiichan
why would i lose one mark tho when it didnt specify whether it wanted rounding or not?

Becauseee..... it said how many sheds would it make and the answer was 14.35 but you cant make 0.35 of a shed so you would round it down to 14 sheds.. However I'm only guessing you would lose one but not 100% sure :smile:
Reply 83
Becauseee..... it said how many sheds would it make and the answer was 14.35 but you cant make 0.35 of a shed so you would round it down to 14 sheds.. However I'm only guessing you would lose one but not 100% sure :smile:

hmm maybe o well its only 1 mark :smile: they might allow it idk x
Reply 84
Original post by Will2012
you had s going ----> and t was going bottom left. X was on the top right. So -s +t + the bottom bit which was 1.5s, as the ratio was 3:1 so 1.5:1. so -s+t+1.5s =t+1/2s

I think I got -t-1/2s is that the same thing?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Abbseh
72 :smile:

Mate an A* is 60/80
Reply 86
Original post by Davelittle
Mate an A* is 60/80

I got 72/80 and my maths teacher told me I only just got an A*, literally 71 an A and 72 being an A*!
about the x and y perimeter question
wasnt part a 5x=2y?
and part c
14x because you times all the sides by 2, then subsitute 5x for 2y which means
5x+5x+2x+2x=14x
sorry if i am wrong just curious
did anybody get the question about M being directly proportional to Rcubed
I understand you had to figure out K but Im unsure whether that was 1.6 or 75 :smile: :smile:
I have decided to upload an unofficial mark scheme for those of you who still want the answers. I did not post this earlier as I decided it may cause some people to worry too much, and am only posting it now for those of you who are desperate for the answers and are still looking for a mark scheme. Please note that I only gave answers for those questions which a lot of people are worried about, I did not put in simple questions (such as the simple pythagoras question etc).
Reply 90
Original post by Empty Child
I have decided to upload an unofficial mark scheme for those of you who still want the answers. I did not post this earlier as I decided it may cause some people to worry too much, and am only posting it now for those of you who are desperate for the answers and are still looking for a mark scheme. Please note that I only gave answers for those questions which a lot of people are worried about, I did not put in simple questions (such as the simple pythagoras question etc).

your a star...........being an oldie student and having only studied maths for 7 months.i have 114 ums points now,needing 66 for a c.should have stuck with foundation after getting 100% on the first exam.Anyway i think i have around 25 marks out 80,possibly a little more,hope ive done it....help.
Reply 91
From what I know 60 is an a*. 50 is an A. 40 is a b. They can change though.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Desire
Reply 92
Original post by Abbseh
I got 1.5s for one answer and t=44 for another. Not sure which questions but I'm pretty sure they are right

I got t=44
Reply 93
For the question where you had to work out the area of triangle ABCD, I got 36.0526 cm^2 without rounding. I gave my answer to 1 d.p. (so 36.1). NOT 36.01 as you said. I'm certain I've got it right (Don't want to sound like a cocky person, but I went over it loads). I have all of the other answers that you have said... Thanks
Reply 94
Original post by Abbseh
I got 72/80 and my maths teacher told me I only just got an A*, literally 71 an A and 72 being an A*!

Yes however was that for the unit 1 test? Im quite sure for unit 1 72/80 wouldnt have been your raw marks that would have been UMS as the unit 1 test was not out of 80
Reply 95
Original post by DHSB
For the question where you had to work out the area of triangle ABCD, I got 36.0526 cm^2 without rounding. I gave my answer to 1 d.p. (so 36.1). NOT 36.01 as you said. I'm certain I've got it right (Don't want to sound like a cocky person, but I went over it loads). I have all of the other answers that you have said... Thanks

thats exactly what i got! I spent 30 minutes checking it over since i finished really early!
Reply 96
Think I've done quite well, bar messing up the x:y ratio question where I didn't get anything right,I believe I've got all the other marks in the paper
Reply 97
Original post by Abbseh

Your teacher is saying that because technically 90% is an A* overall in maths. However, that is UMS marks. This is marks for the paper which is completely different. They decide the UMS marks based on how everyone did in the exam. If everyone did badly then they will give higher UMS marks for a lower score so indeed 60/80 in the exam could equate to a 90% UMS mark.

I read UMS marks published by AQA with regards to the last exams, and they awarded the full 100 UMS marks to people who had missed out on upto 5 or 6 marks, meaning people that got 60/66 (I think it was out of 66) still got 100%
Reply 98
thats exactly what i got! I spent 30 minutes checking it over since i finished really early!

Yeeah I got that too! So hopefully thats seven marks in the bag :wink:
Reply 99
Original post by Abbseh
72 :smile:

No sorry, it wouldn't be 90% for an A*

Quick Reply

Latest