The Student Room Group

biomedical, which uni should i choose?

Hello

I have already received 2 offers of biomedical science from UEA and Queen Mary. But I am kind of struggle which one should i choose to study... does anyone here knows about the teaching quality of both unis? and which one is better in this field?
thank you very much:tongue:
Reply 1
Did you want to do medicine? I'd say take a gap year or retake your current year. Get better grades, and reapply. Don't waste 3 years for just a chance to get into med school.

Just sayin'
Reply 2
Original post by Almazer
Hello

I have already received 2 offers of biomedical science from UEA and Queen Mary. But I am kind of struggle which one should i choose to study... does anyone here knows about the teaching quality of both unis? and which one is better in this field?

Researching with my daughter for 2013 applications I would say UEA ... course looks great

:smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Almazer
Hello

Well I know a guy here at QM who did biomed and Barts gave him an offer to go into grad medicine if he got a 2:1.
Reply 4
Make sure which ever course you choose for biomed is accredited!
You cant practise as a biomedical scientist after graduating if its not, unless you want to spend more money and time topping up your degree!
Also if its medicine you wanted to do in the first place, wait and try for that, doing biomed isnt a meal ticket to med school.
Check the IBMS website for details on accreditation.
Reply 5
Original post by Kirsty_H89
Make sure which ever course you choose for biomed is accredited!
You cant practise as a biomedical scientist after graduating if its not, unless you want to spend more money and time topping up your degree!
Also if its medicine you wanted to do in the first place, wait and try for that, doing biomed isnt a meal ticket to med school.
Check the IBMS website for details on accreditation.

The course doesn't have to be accredited for it to be worth while. I was specifically looking for a non-accredited course because they are more suitable for those going into scientific research instead of practising
Original post by YB101
The course doesn't have to be accredited for it to be worth while. I was specifically looking for a non-accredited course because they are more suitable for those going into scientific research instead of practising

Meh not really uni just say that to look different. Same way that KCL says that they have a high % of people getting into med school from their course. It is a selling point

Going to a uni that has a accredited degree won't harm you at all in terms of later in life looking at research

Go to the uni you like the look off, they are both nice uni, both campus based but one is in the middle of east london and the other in the middle of a field :p:
Look at what modules that teach you and to see if you will enjoy them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending