The Student Room Group

Struggling being single, does it get easier?

delete please
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
"Some days i feel strong and feel like i don't need a guy to feel complete" - That's the most pathetic thing I've ever heard.

Get over it.
Yes it gets easier, yes it's completely normal to feel this way, and yes you will eventually feel happy being single.

Remember that there are people who love you -- friends and family -- and that you don't need the validation of one boy to make you feel better.

I know what it's like to be lonely, but it's not the same as being alone.

Take care.
Reply 3
Original post by Dr Awesome
"Some days i feel strong and feel like i don't need a guy to feel complete" - That's the most pathetic thing I've ever heard.

Get over it.

Cheers mate, you're dead helpful!
This is normal. Yes it does get easier and you will become used to single life. Eventually some man with any sense will go out with you and look after you. You will eventually get over it even if it does take some time.
Reply 5
Ive never known anything but single life for 27 years
Reply 6
Yeah I know how you feel. Don't think you aren't worthy of a relationship. Be patient with yourself. Maybe you haven't got over the break-up yet and guys can sense that. Take it as it comes.
Reply 7
Original post by Dr Awesome

Get over it.

LOOL
Reply 8
I know it's one of those annoying, cliche things to say but if you feel like you need a boyfriend... you probably really shouldn't have a boyfriend. A relationship should be about the other person, wanting to be with them and no one else, not just settling... rather than just ~having a boyfriend~. Once you make that decision not to settle, you'll start to adapt and trust me, you'll be much more attractive for it. Neediness isn't cool...

Five months isn't long, especially if you've been in relationships for like five years.

It does get easier. I think most people seem to either take it badly and end up with the next person who'll have them, or they learn how to live alone. I have a friend who was clearly unhappy in her five-year relationship, eventually found the strength to end it and was unhappy and insecure for months and months afterwards. But now she's really doing well, much stronger than I've ever known her.
Reply 9
It will get better.
Don't they say time is a great healer?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending