The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9580
Original post by Mandy_Panda
I think I've heard about your group and it sounds immense if I've heard correctly. Exciting!

Really? Ooh, how nice to hear. We like to think it's good and will make an impact.
Original post by Olympian
Haha yes that is more likley the reason, being a man. They thought that out well then, then men can go and wait in the pub whilst the women shop haha.

There is a fabulous pub on site called Tap East that has 200 beers including some casks and their own microbrews. Most definitely worth a stop after a rehearsal - as is Franco Manca upstairs; the most amazing sourdough wood-fired pizza.

Now - 41B, how was it?
Reply 9582
Christ! My TSR addiction is taking over again. Must...get... off...this...forum... and on with my work/housework/relationship etc etc!!!
Original post by Flakeydom
There is a fabulous pub on site called Tap East that has 200 beers including some casks and their own microbrews. Most definitely worth a stop after a rehearsal - as is Franco Manca upstairs; the most amazing sourdough wood-fired pizza.

Now - 41B, how was it?

FLAKEY, I DID NOT KNOW OF THESE PLACES!

I love Westfield even more now.
Reply 9584

Now - 41B, how was it?

Do lots of us start at the Stadium on 23rd? Could we not meet up to sample some of those beers and pizza afterwards?
Original post by Kit-Yan
Do lots of us start at the Stadium on 23rd? Could we not meet up to sample some of those beers and pizza afterwards?

YES!
Reply 9586
Original post by Pinnerite
Yep there is a hotel - the Premier Inn right in the shopping centre and jolly good it is too - immaculate and very slick check in etc. I have stayed there once and am staying there again when we have the late Friday/ early Saturday rehearsals. Saturday nights are expensive but my Friday nights were £40 odd quid- worth it as luckily I do not have travel expenses over my oyster card.

Thats a good price for a Friday night :smile:
Original post by Kit-Yan

44 general is from 9-5.30 on 23rd but I have to dash back for a housewarming party afterwards. How about meeting up on the Sunday as we only have the short rehearsal from 9-1?
Reply 9588

Now - 41B, how was it?

Ahhh now Westfield is sounding more interesting to me
Reply 9589
Original post by Mandy_Panda
FLAKEY, I DID NOT KNOW OF THESE PLACES!

I love Westfield even more now.

I love it already and have never been there haha :biggrin:
Original post by phawesy
Sorry, giving up will solve it for me !!

:frown: Please don't give up. No matter how tempting it is because believe me, although I have the odd moan myself, you will end up kicking yourself on the night itself because instead of being part of it, you will be thinking I COULD have been there "if only I hung on in there and hadn't have pulled out."
Original post by Kit-Yan
Haha!!! I also can't help myself. I LOVE Westfield. I want to hate it. I dislike malls in general, but suddenly having it on my doorstep I can't get enough and 'just pop in' to John Lewis on a regular basis (clearly I have left my leftfield youth behind and am now a signed up middle aged, middle class member of middle England). And get this... I even have 'my' parking space and am peeved when it's not available. (ok, I am now sounding like a TOTAL, consumer saddo. I'm not...honest!).

You won't be able to drive to Westfield from next week until after the games.

I know just what you mean! I was just the same when Bluewater opened near me - it was just being able to pop into John Lewis that did it for me too...... 'my' parking spot - you bet!
Reply 9592
Original post by kit-yan
do lots of us start at the stadium on 23rd? Could we not meet up to sample some of those beers and pizza afterwards?

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssssssss:biggrin:
And the pizza is cheap! It's in World Food Court. It's about £6 for a pizza. And you can get a bottle of decent house red for £12 - with a lid so can take any dregs home. It is so so good. Not at Stadium til 28th but I expect to eat at the World Food Court a lot in July! The Pho and the Lebanese are good too
So huge question what are us 41er doing about performing in the Para's ceremony ?? I'm torn I don't know why to do :-( xxx
Reply 9595
And the pizza is cheap! It's in World Food Court. It's about £6 for a pizza. And you can get a bottle of decent house red for £12 - with a lid so can take any dregs home. It is so so good. Not at Stadium til 28th but I expect to eat at the World Food Court a lot in July! The Pho and the Lebanese are good too

Sounds better all the time. Dregs? what dregs didnt you know that there is a law that says once the wine is opened, it has to be finsihed off .. none of this taking it home malarky :biggrin:
Reply 9596
44 general is from 9-5.30 on 23rd but I have to dash back for a housewarming party afterwards. How about meeting up on the Sunday as we only have the short rehearsal from 9-1?

Could do both :wink:
Reply 9597
Original post by Samantha_Walker
So huge question what are us 41er doing about performing in the Para's ceremony ?? I'm torn I don't know why to do :-( xxx

Hey, you started your reahersals today? how did you get on ?
How about meeting up on the Sunday as we only have the short rehearsal from 9-1?

I may have to gatecrash... I need to do some shopping :tongue:

Original post by Samantha_Walker

I'm going to offer to do it. It may be a little anti-climactic after the main Ceremonies in some was but I'm sure it will still be a total blast.

Original post by Olympian
Sounds better all the time. Dregs? what dregs didnt you know that there is a law that says once the wine is opened, it has to be finsihed off .. none of this taking it home malarky :biggrin:

Depends on how many bottles you have and when the mall shuts... :tongue:

51ers don't rehearse on the 23rd, but on the 24th, so yes!

Latest