The Student Room Group

at the gym....

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
No actually, I am very slim and got told I had a 'lean' body by a co-worker who did not stop staring at me when I wore a figure-huggin dress. He even touched my hips. I wrote a post on how uncomfortable and disgusted I felt. Never again. Baggy tops for now.

Well that doesn't mean all blokes will. I mean if you've got a nice ass then it isn't going to hurt your chances having it on display, but I can see where you are coming from. If its not there to be seen then if he's interested it'll be because of something else.

Your tits probably.

Joke lol.
Reply 21
No actually, I am very slim and got told I had a 'lean' body by a co-worker who did not stop staring at me when I wore a figure-huggin dress. He even touched my hips. I wrote a post on how uncomfortable and disgusted I felt. Never again. Baggy tops for now.

Tbh if you spend so much time in the gym and thus have a "lean body" then why don't you use it?

You think your personality will be enough but it won't, because you come across as quite dumb to me. Of course you could be totally different IRL but I doubt it somehow.
i Googled this expression, but still don't get it. Could not find a definition, only names of companies.

The white knight runs to you and delivers you to safety from the evil sex hungry internet perverts.
Reply 23
Original post by FrostyLemon
Well that doesn't mean all blokes will. I mean if you've got a nice ass then it isn't going to hurt your chances having it on display, but I can see where you are coming from. If its not there to be seen then if he's interested it'll be because of something else.

Your tits probably.

Joke lol.

obviously I want him to see me as attractive, but not just. Any suggestion n how I could start a convo? He is always surrounded by his workmates and this puts me off slightly.
Wow aren't you two stud muffins... She doesn't need a lecture on how to flaunt her ass off.

I don't do chit chat in gyms cos I'm there to train and thats it, but every now and then I'll see people chat each other up and it usually starts with them helping each other out with a workout routine or what not. So just ask how something works, or how you can improve this or that etc. You''ll be fine.

Agreed.

Most people these days have MP3 players on the go anyway and I assume they'll be pretty annoyed having to take them out and stop what they're doing/slow down on the treadmill to talk to someone. I know I'd be.
Reply 25
Original post by Dark Horse
Tbh if you spend so much time in the gym and thus have a "lean body" then why don't you use it?

You think your personality will be enough but it won't, because you come across as quite dumb to me. Of course you could be totally different IRL but I doubt it somehow.

erm, I love your encouraging tone.

Not really, but I do see my friends with bfs and they don't dress nicely a lot of the times. One of them is quite plain, does not put make up on, has a few pounds extra, etc.... yet she got proposed to recently.
Reply 26
obviously I want him to see me as attractive, but not just. Any suggestion n how I could start a convo? He is always surrounded by his workmates and this puts me off slightly.

Just give up OP. You know it's not gonna happen.

Approaching a stranger when sober causes a certain amount of anxiety. Enough to let the opportunity to pass you by. Search your feelings...you know it to be true.

I gave you one at the start didn't I? They normally go around and start cleaning or checking out the talent (that's all I ever see them do anyway). So if you just go up to him when he is alone and make up some bull**** about needing to improve your fitness or tone up you inner thigh :wink: or some other random part of your body, then I'm sure he will help you out. He will probably take you to a machine or tell you how to use some big bouncy ball thing and god knows what else other people get up to on that mat in the corner.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 28
I gave you one at the start didn't I? They normally go around and start cleaning or checking out the talent (that's all I ever see them do anyway). So if you just go up to him and make up some bull**** about needing to improve your fitness or tone up your inner thigh :wink: etc. then I'm sure he will help you out.

i am sure he will get the hint. That is too obvious, but I will attempt it.
Reply 29
I gave you one at the start didn't I? They normally go around and start cleaning or checking out the talent (that's all I ever see them do anyway). So if you just go up to him when he is alone and make up some bull**** about needing to improve your fitness or tone up you inner thigh :wink: or some other random part of your body, then I'm sure he will help you out.

He will show her to one of those cable machines that women always go and then leave her to it. How can you even believe that this would work?
Original post by Dark Horse
He will show her to one of those cable machines that women always go and then leave her to it. How can you even believe that this would work?

Because I've seen it work lol.

i am sure he will get the hint. That is too obvious, but I will attempt it.

I know it's obvious OP but tbh you're in a gym, it's a pretty easy way to start a conversation with someone who works there.

I suppose you could just juggle or something if you want a challenge lol.
Reply 31
Wow, you must be really attracted to him if you actually want to approach him first because 99% of girls never approach guys or show sympathy... However you are missing the key ingridient here, its called- balls.

I am not going to lie I never approached a girl in the gym because I feel like it isn't the best time for those sort of gym. However the time when you do have a chance is after your workout.
Each instructor has a phone number, it is always a mobile. So all you have to do is text him, starting with silly fitness subjects and moving onto more inter-person stuff. If he is still interested and eager whilst you are talking about his penis or whatever it is you are talking about, you have a winner.
Reply 32

Precisely! So wheres the harm in wearing something that is going to show off your attractive features? Why can't you wear something hot AS WELL AS wow him with your personality. As that way you will also find out if he is going to spend a substantially greater amount of time staring at your ass than listening to your conversation.

Whether you like it or not, the first thing he will instantly pick up on is whether he finds you attractive or not. If it's a not then you're already doomed.
Reply 33
Original post by lad-lad
Wow, you must be really attracted to him if you actually want to approach him first because 99% of girls never approach guys or show sympathy... However you are missing the key ingridient here, its called- balls.

I am not going to lie I never approached a girl in the gym because I feel like it isn't the best time for those sort of gym. However the time when you do have a chance is after your workout.
Each instructor has a phone number, it is always a mobile. So all you have to do is text him, starting with silly fitness subjects and moving onto more inter-person stuff. If he is still interested and eager whilst you are talking about his penis or whatever it is you are talking about, you have a winner.

he is not a fitness instructor, but works in the cafe of the gym, so I think he may not have a contact number. Also, I just found out he has a gf when I asked today at one of the girls who attends aerobics with me everyday. I am now worried she might go and tell him as she does talk to him quite a lot.... :frown:
Reply 34
Sorry to hear the girlfriend part....as for the rest

Oh wow she is going to tell him, that's it, the end of you, the end of your pride.

Lighten up for real chick. He is just going to admire you more if he finds out that is all, there is nothing to be embrassed off, are you 12 or something?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending