The Student Room Group

Girls can be so insensitive/ignorant

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bored.i.am
So why do 'nice guys finish last' then? Don't bring up the pushover thing - not every nice guy is a pushover. And not every nice guy who is not a pushover is wanted by girls.

they don't.

what is generally meant by nice guy on TSR is different to what nice actually means. you can be a nice guy without being drippy and dependant...

a few women date jerks, that doesn't mean "nice guys finish last". not every person you like is going to like you back, true for men and women. you aren't obliged to like someone just because they are "nice" to you.
(edited 11 years ago)
Im a girl, and i'm not how you think i am at all! I'm a bit of a tomboy really, and its the personality of a man that i prefer, not whether they look like 'prince charming'!

For the divorce part - men are just the same. My aunty recently had to get a divorce because this man had an affair and had another child with this woman. My aunty has 3 of his kids. She certainly didnt divorce him for the power!

And i thought calling someone skinny was a compliment? I'd never say it openly to them, certainly wouldnt call him scrawny!!

I'm a woman, and certainly will not marry a man for their wealth. Of course i expect them to be loyal and trustworthy, wouldnt you expect the same from your wife/girlfriend? And i will be loyal back to them in return.

See, not all girls are how you think they are! But i do get extremely annoyed about all girls being seen as housewives who have to do all of the mens cooking, cleaning, ironing etc when they can do it themselves also!
I have to agree with the skinny part. I don't think many girls realise how offensive this is to a guy. I think maybe because they percieve skinny as a compliment, its not seen as an offensive word when describing a male, however coming from a male who was once incredibly skinny i can sympathise with you that it is a very horrible thing to be called.
Reply 23
I'm not too sure about all these accusations against the female race, but a guy finishing last that sounds good to me!
You know, when a lot of blokes complain 'nice guys finish last', what they really mean is 'I think women don't treat me fairly'.

And it often comes down to this, people who think of themself as 'nice guys' make friends with girls, strong friendships based on mutual interests and matching personalities. The guys then start to have feelings for the girl but, because they fear being rejected, they say nothing. The feelings grow and grow, getting stronger as the guys get to know the girl even more until, one day, it all comes bursting out in a declaration of love.

She turns it down, leading the guy to think that 1) all girls are the same and 2) they only pick bad guys.

Really, what happens is that the girl suddenly finds one of her close friends declaring their love, which feels like a breach of trust, as they don't see them that way. And the friendship dynamic ends, leaving the girl feeling hurt and the guy bitter.

The girl will end up seeing someone who was open and upfront about their intentions and feelings, the guy will end up thinking 'I was right for her, he isn't, what's wrong with girls?' and the cycle begins anew.

Or so goes my latest theory...!
Original post by pickles7
I'm not too sure about all these accusations against the female race, but a guy finishing last that sounds good to me!

Zing!
Original post by fl4mers
Have you never noticed that nice guys only usually finish last in the young years? Once they hit 30 they become a VERY valuable commodity (so to speak) for women. Women have all the power when it comes to dating and guys up until their late 20s but from then on it's downhill for a lot of us as physical beauty slowly starts to deteriorate and our options in the dating pool significantly start to decrease. Men on the other hand become more and more attractive with age (generally speaking) as they start to mature and get their lives sorted. So I think women can be ignorant in their younger years, but they'll mature with age and probably change their ways if they're halfway interested in personal development, just as men who may not have that many options now due to being perceived as too nice will most likely have their chances of finding a great partner increased as they mature too. It's life... it's development... it happens.

As someone whos always been a nice guy and is still a nice guy and worries that his gf will get sick of the fact that he is a decent human being who wont cheat on her, or hurt her or treat her like crap (yet at the same time isnt a pushover all the time) i take a little buzz of pleasure in this. Oh and im 30 and shes 27
Reply 27
Some things about girls annoy me. You call girls 'fat' and you get castigated and told to not be so mean. Yet girls are happy to call guys 'scrawny' or 'skinny' with this disgusting shudder when they say it. Do they not realise that is offensive also? They actually say 'skinny' and 'scrawny' openly as well, as if it's fine. Why is it different?

Oops. I thought skinny was a compliment. It is in my circle of friends. Especially since my type of guys are "skinny" guys. I'm not into bulk. It just isn't attractive to me. Scrawny probably isn't the best way to put it but I do prefer "scrawny" guys to muscley ones.

Is it a compliment to call someone "fat" in the male world? Because it is pretty much the worst thing you can say to a girl. If not, It isn't really comparable, to e anyway, but that's just my opinion.
Get your ass to the gym and the bitches will be queuing up.

/sarcasm

But seriously, I used to get pissed off at being called skinny and used it as motivation to hit the gym, 2 years and 20kg of muscle later here I am. Now I get pissed off being accused of being on steroids. Which would you prefer?
Reply 29
Original post by Carpediemxx
I have to agree with the skinny part. I don't think many girls realise how offensive this is to a guy. I think maybe because they percieve skinny as a compliment, its not seen as an offensive word when describing a male, however coming from a male who was once incredibly skinny i can sympathise with you that it is a very horrible thing to be called.

Sorry, I am one of those :frown: I see it as a compliment in my eyes especially since I usually fancy slimmer guys. So I apologise.
Reply 30
I think ignorance and insensitivity are traits that both men and women have, not just women. Plenty of men are just out for themselves.

There are many girls who do care about equality both ways; I am one of them.
Original post by EonBlueApocalypse
Get your ass to the gym and the bitches will be queuing up.

/sarcasm

But seriously, I used to get pissed off at being called skinny and used it as motivation to hit the gym, 2 years and 20kg of muscle later here I am. Now I get pissed off being accused of being on steroids. Which would you prefer?

Kinda odd, but i find it a massive compliment if people ask if i went on roids, cos i didnt, and its a testament to my hard work. SKinny on the other hand is just not nice to anyone who is actually skinny
Original post by roodootoo
Sorry, I am one of those :frown: I see it as a compliment in my eyes especially since I usually fancy slimmer guys. So I apologise.

No worries, i think its really common. Im trying to think of less offensive ways to say it and can't really come up with anything. Slim is better than skinny, but still not great. Small is just a terrible thing toi say to a guy.
Reply 33
I'm a girl and I agree with everything you just says- represents everything I hate about the female species

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Women getting free entry into clubs (who are usually invited for free BY THE MEN anyway) is nothing compared to men getting higher pay for the exact same job for no reason other than being male.
Girls can be horrible. They can be bitchy, manipulative, selfish but some girls are decent. I know a lot of girls who are really nice, willing to get to know a person before judging them, not obsessed with looks but then again I also know a lot of girls who are the complete opposite.
There are some girls that I have known for years who were really nice people and then within the space of a few weeks their personalities change so drastically that I can nearly stand to be around them.

But not all guys are amazing human beings either.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 36
Wow OP, you haven't generalised the sexes at all!
Reply 37
Original post by zcanf
They expect you to be the 6ft 1" tall Channing Tatum they see in movies.

Guys expect us to be 5"7, big tits, small waist and look like Megan Fox.
2 can play at this game, surely.
Some things about girls annoy me. You call girls 'fat' and you get castigated and told to not be so mean. Yet girls are happy to call guys 'scrawny' or 'skinny' with this disgusting shudder when they say it. Do they not realise that is offensive also? They actually say 'skinny' and 'scrawny' openly as well, as if it's fine. Why is it different?

The way girls say things like ' enjoy the single life, stop depending on a girl ... clingyness isn't attractive! etc'. Don't they realise that even ugly girls have a pool of men to choose from and therefore the psyche of a man is maybe different? Or when they complain how men only want sex yet your average girl can take home roughly 700 out of every 1000 male clubbers. Therefore sex is attainable whenever they actually desire it, unlike men.

I just think they take advantage of their sexual advantages without much thought.

There's all this backfiring about womens' rights and equal pay, not to be labelled as a housewife and to be included in football and so forth. But they don't give a damn about divorces and the unfair and inequal rights that men have to face. Infact they revel in the power they have in divorces, which is even worse. They don't care that they get free entry into clubs whereas men don't. So much for being 'equal'. Seems to me they want one rule for themselves, and another for men.

Respect works both ways and I just feel we live in a world where women generally seek a mans wealth and status and expect the man to be loyal, chivalrous and so forth and what are they offering in return? It's like they're only out for themselves.

I like how you generalize of all the female population.:unimpressed: When you call girls fat (which you should never do, unless it's a fatally overweight) they judge you by their own standards because they would never call another girl fat (to her face anyway). For you to do that, they take major offense because they would never do it themselves. A girl calling a guy scrawny or skinny shouldn't be taken to seriously, because like I mentioned before, they judge by their own standards. Most girls I know would rather be scrawny than fat (see what I'm getting at?) so they don't see it as such as a bad thing.

And I don't really understand the 2nd paragraph sooooo moving on...

And the free entry to clubs is only good business. :pierre:
And to be honest, for you to harbor this long rant, I think you're hanging out with the wrong girls...:smug:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 39
Original post by ZOMFG_it'sCaiters
I like how you generalize of all the female population.:unimpressed: When you call girls fat (which you should never do, unless it's a fatally overweight) they judge you by their own standards because they would never call another girl fat (to her face anyway). For you to do that, they take major offense because they would never do it themselves. A girl calling a guy scrawny or skinny should be taken to seriously, because like I mentioned before, they judge by their own standards. Most girls I know would rather be scrawny than fat (see what I'm getting at?) so they don't see it as such as a bad thing.

And I don't really understand the 2nd paragraph sooooo moving on...

And the free entry to clubs is only good business. :pierre:
And to be honest, for you to harbor this long rant, I think you're hanging out with the wrong girls...:smug:

>'Judge you by their own standards'? Oh, well thats ok then :unimpressed:
>''To her face anyway' so its ok to say it behind her back?
>It may be good business, but the same could be applied to men getting paid more - its good business to pay more to the people who wont be off for 9 months when they have a child (Not saying men should be paid more, but this is one of the reasons)
>If girls dont like people commenting on their weight because they are slightly heavier then theyd like to be, why are they ok to comment on a guys weight if he is lighter then he would like to be? its opposite ends of the spectrum, but the principle is the same. Thats what the OP was getting at.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending