The Student Room Group

OCR GCSE ICT B063, 13th June 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by WeakenedNebula
Am I the only one with Maths on the same day as the ICT exam?

I am ****ing myself! :frown:

I have maths and IT too:s-smilie:
How is everyone else revising? (last-minute lol) there's only 1 pp and all I've done is revision cards ugh
Original post by sidthekoala
Could you please scan the revision pack and put it online? It would be really helpful.

I can't scan the revision pack, but luckily, the following link is exactly the same as the revision pack:

http://intranet.arrowsmith.wigan.sch.uk/old/subjects/it/gcse/GCSE2010/ICTinContext/2012casestudy.html

I have checked everything on this link and it is exactly the same! Good luck everyone with ICT and Maths!!!!!! :smile:
Reply 43
I haven't really been taught much of the ICT syllabas and wonder could any of you guys give me a quick definition of what: 'Cutting edge tech. (Magic Mirror and gesture-based interactive store front displays)' actuallyis, possibly including pros and cons?
Thanks
Reply 44
Good luck for the exam everyone! :smile:
Reply 45
So how did everyone find the paper? :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 46
Easy paper really :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Simple as anything, much easier than B061 the other week. Proper chuffed with that :biggrin:
I found it alright.
A couple of things I was unsure of but overall it wasn't a total disaster.

Ok rant time. I'm not just making excuses, my teacher is awful and didn't teach us ANYTHING on the course.
We spend a lot of time on coursework and ended up with only a few weeks telling us various things in unhelpful ways which ended up with us not learning anything! This seems to be the general consensus for some other schools too.

She did give us a big booklet with supposedly all the information (I had to go and do my own research as well..) and I attempted to teach it to myself. Definitely hoping my teacher gets fired to spare future years of the stress I've been through because of ICT. A grammar school, normally mostly A*s/As at GCSE and never below a D, and my ICT class got mainly E/F in coursework and the Unit 1 exam! Anyway, glad it's all over. Hoping I can pull out a C or B overall from this mess.
Reply 49
Relax Geog tomoz
I can't believe some people in my school didn't know question 4 even though they use it all the time!

The answer was captcha recognition btw.
Reply 51
I can't believe some people in my school didn't know question 4 even though they use it all the time!

Same here, although I didn't call it captcha.

The paper was OK, didn't like the blog question though.
Reply 52

I talked about a text message activation code. It's another method and I thought there was more to talk about compared to captchas since it was a four marker

Original post by outsider95
I talked about a text message activation code. It's another method and I thought there was more to talk about compared to captchas since it was a four marker

However, the question did say one method. You won't get any extra marks for mentioning two methods.:colondollar:
Reply 54
However, the question did say one method. You won't get any extra marks for mentioning two methods.:colondollar:

I didn't mention two. If you read what I actually wrote you'd know I talked about a mobile activation code, since there was more for me to talk about. Looks like someone needs to stop acting so cocky so he doesn't make himself look like an idiot in the future.

I didn't mention two. If you read what I actually wrote you'd know I talked about a mobile activation code, since there was more for me to talk about. Looks like someone needs to stop acting so cocky so he doesn't make himself look like an idiot in the future.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone iPad App

LOOOOOL! Me an idiot? Well for your information I can get a D in this exam and still be on an A* since I got 60 marks in unit 1, 58 marks in unit 2 and 59 marks in unit 4, so who is the idiot now?

Next time use ur Central Processing Unit before you get rude!
Reply 56
LOOOOOL! Me an idiot? Well for your information I can get a D in this exam and still be on an A* since I got 60 marks in unit 1, 58 marks in unit 2 and 59 marks in unit 4, so who is the idiot now?

Next time use ur Central Processing Unit before you get rude!

You are. ICT does not measure intelligence at all.

You are. ICT does not measure intelligence at all.

That's what dumb people always say.

Plus the top universities care about your grades hence they care about your intelligence. Furthermore ict is a useless gcse and before you start ranting about why I picked ict I didn't cos everyone in my skool has to do it.

I hope you die of cancer!
Reply 58
That's what dumb people always say.

Plus the top universities care about your grades hence they care about your intelligence. Furthermore ict is a useless gcse and before you start ranting about why I picked ict I didn't cos everyone in my skool has to do it.

I hope you die of cancer!

I know ICT is a useless GCSE, thank you for agreeing with me!
Also, I think I have picked up enough A*s and As from other subjects to be eligible for entry in every single university course, including medicine at Birmingham. But why am I telling you this? I shouldn't need to prove myself to an idiot that can not comprehend the English language.
I know ICT is a useless GCSE, thank you for agreeing with me!
Also, I think I have picked up enough A*s and As from other subjects to be eligible for entry in every single university course, including medicine at Birmingham. But why am I telling you this? I shouldn't need to prove myself to an idiot that can not comprehend the English language.

Ok let's just stop this argument, there is no point in arguing.

I am truly sorry for all the things I said to you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending