The Student Room Group

I still think about him

I broke up with my ex about 2 years ago now. We'd only dated a few months, but we became very close and ill admit that I've never felt the same way about anyone else since. It was a pretty messy break up resulting in us not talking again for months. I was very distraught about it when it happened.

Nonetheless I'm not usually the sort of person to cry over spilled milk. I'd had breakups beforehand, and I'd been upset, and I expected to get over him after a few weeks/months.

I eventually stopped being so upset, but I never stopped liking him in that way. During the months that we didn't speak i never saw him either because he was away at university, but it didn't help. I tried dating other men, one I was even in a relationship longer than I was with him, but I felt nothing for them and just felt guilty!

I keep thinking I'm being ridiculous and don't understand why he's got such a strong hold on me, it isn't like he's mr perfect or anything. He always creeps into my head when something that even remotely relates to him is mentioned. When we talk (which is admittedly rare, but we do sometimes) I still get butterflies. I dream about him a lot too.

Its all very weird. As someone who's usually an independent person, I find it so odd to come to terms with this attraction that I'd thought id get rid of years ago.
It's not wierd. It's been 2 years for me too- and I think about him and miss him every day. We see one another daily, but he wont talk to me anymore... It hurts.
Reply 2
It happens like that sometimes. Sometimes the ones you date for the longest period of time, are easier to get over than people you have dated for a few months.
Reply 3
Again girls, grow some balls and tell them. For all you know, you suffer for years and may be he feels the same way and you are just wasting time. Instead you could be shagging somewhere on the beach in Spain, having a good time.

Just don't be afraid to make the first move and be rejected. Rejection makes you stronger and even if he does reject you and you are 8 or 9 out of 10 I'll date you.
Reply 4
Get a new boyfriend. Seriously, there are two things:
You either get dumped or you dump others

If you dump others, there should be no problem
but if you get dumped, what you need to realise is that for some reason you couldn't be the woman he wanted, but this doesnt mean you are not other guys dream. You simply need to tell yourself that he doens't want me so me liking him is a waste of time and my precious life. I usually dump my girlfriends because i feel i had enough of them and want someone new.
Its life and we are humans. We are born one day and will die one day so instead of wasting the best moment of your life on something gone, spend your time on discovering new people.
I'm in exactly the same position. Glad I'm not the only one in this situation! :frown:
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
I broke up with my ex about 2 years ago now. We'd only dated a few months, but we became very close and ill admit that I've never felt the same way about anyone else since. It was a pretty messy break up resulting in us not talking again for months. I was very distraught about it when it happened.

Nonetheless I'm not usually the sort of person to cry over spilled milk. I'd had breakups beforehand, and I'd been upset, and I expected to get over him after a few weeks/months.

I eventually stopped being so upset, but I never stopped liking him in that way. During the months that we didn't speak i never saw him either because he was away at university, but it didn't help. I tried dating other men, one I was even in a relationship longer than I was with him, but I felt nothing for them and just felt guilty!

I keep thinking I'm being ridiculous and don't understand why he's got such a strong hold on me, it isn't like he's mr perfect or anything. He always creeps into my head when something that even remotely relates to him is mentioned. When we talk (which is admittedly rare, but we do sometimes) I still get butterflies. I dream about him a lot too.

Its all very weird. As someone who's usually an independent person, I find it so odd to come to terms with this attraction that I'd thought id get rid of years ago.

Ah I am really sorry to hear :frown: why did you break up? would getting closure from him help? I dated a guy for a few months and I am finding it extremely difficult to get over him aswell.
Reply 7
I'm the same. We broke 1 year ago at the end of this month, we was together for 10-11 months She won't talk to me anymore, because I always end up getting annoyed and frustrated because we can't be together and she seems so sure she wouldn't want anything with me again. So its got to the point where she said "we can't talk, we obviously cant be friends because we end up argueing" so yeh, she won't speak to me if I try. Blocked for facebook etc.

But, you have to stay positive. Someone will love you with all their heart soon, and you will love them the same. And you will know that they're the right one. we just have to accept, they didn't love us that much....it's simple as that.

Just stay positive, keep meeting new people. And one day we`ll have those feelings again, and we will look back and think "yeh, ok, we loved that person, but....look what I have now, I have a relationship where someone shows me all the love they have and I`m really happy"....that`s when surprisinly one day you´ll see your ex walking down the street while your with your boyfriend and he will feel like you do now, and think...."she was mine one day, look how happy she is".....:biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending