The Student Room Group

The essay question :S (AQA Biology Unit 5)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Here's the mark scheme for the essay 'causes of disease in humans'
Reply 41
Original post by Sarah786
I have an excellent BIO5 essay booklet which my teacher provided me with.. if anybody wants me to send it them just inbox me and i will do so....

hi please could you email me the booklet if its not too late :biggrin:
Reply 42
Seems Sarah786 hasn't been online in ages :frown: If anyone else who got it from her before could send it to me please. I'd be very grateful. Thanks.
Reply 43
i'd really appreciate it if anyone could send me the booklet too please!
Reply 44
How big is the file? Can someone not attach it to one of their posts to stop everyone asking?
I've stuck it on as a pdf on the the bottom of the homepage of a website

http://biology5revision.webs.com/

it might take awhile to download as it is not small

Hope it helps and sorry I couldn't put it up earlier but I only managed to get hold of a copy of the booklet yesterday

Hope this helps
Reply 46
I have an excellent BIO5 essay booklet which my teacher provided me with.. if anybody wants me to send it them just inbox me and i will do so....

Can you please send me the essay booklet please? thankyou so much
Reply 47
send me a copy of the booklet please sam :smile:
Reply 48
hi guys is any one resetting AS ISA, what topics do i need to know :smile:
Reply 49
Original post by WillHilliam

Hope it helps and sorry I couldn't put it up earlier but I only managed to get hold of a copy of the booklet yesterday

Hope this helps

would you b able to send me the stuff on the second link (mega upload one) pleaaaaaaaaaaaasee (mega upload has been closed down) thanx
Reply 50

Hey, have you still got that booklet? im doing my unit 5 in june so it would really help, thanks:smile:X
Reply 51
Original post by WillHilliam

Hope this helps

is this the same booklet tat sarah786 was talking abt? thanks:smile:
Original post by arvin_infinity
Ive got some title for you to look at..you might want to write it down here so people can correct it :rolleyes:

Synoptic Questions

1. How the structure of cells is related to their function.

2. The different ways in which organisms use ATP.

3. How bacteria affect human lives.

4. The biological importance of water.

5. The transfer of energy between different organisms and between these organisms and the environment.

6. Ways in which different species of organisms differ from each other.

7. Negative Feedback and its importance in biology.

8. Condensation and hydrolysis and their importance in biology.

9. Inorganic ions include those of sodium, phosphorus and hydrogen. Describe how these and other inorganic ions are used in living organism.

10. Polymers have different structures, they also have different functions. Describe how the structures of different polymers are related to their functions.

11. Describe how nitrogen-containing substances are taken into, and metabolised in, animals and plants.

12. Carbon dioxide in organisms and ecosystems.

13. Why offspring produced by the same parents look different in appearance.

14. Cycles in Biology.

15. Describe and explain the uses of genetic engineering in Medical Science.

16. How the structure of protein is related to their function.

17. The movement of substances within living organisms.

18. The structure and function of carbohydrates.

Maybe start with 9:

9. Inorganic ions include those of sodium, phosphorus and hydrogen. Describe how these and other inorganic ions are used in living organism.

I'm not sure cycles could come up again as I think it was last year's essay (the lucky lot!!) But thanks for these :smile:
Reply 53
Hi can you please send it to me
Thanks
Reply 54
Original post by susu99
Hi can you please send it to me
Thanks

do u mean the synoptic essay pack?
if it is follow this link this WilliHilliam has given http://biology5revision.webs.com/
and right at the top of the webpage u will find a link to a pdf file :smile:
Can anyone please help me. I have an essay on ' The biological importance of water' I'm more or less blank! All I can think of is : Photosynthesis, respiration(although I'm not sure how to put in words) and transporting nutrients in the body.

Please any more ideas ? Thanks x
Reply 56
Original post by 135HP
Hi --- please email the booklet too! I've litterally just sat down to write my first essay and i just don't get it - i think i need all the help and practice i can get!!:s-smilie:

Hi can you email me the booklet too, I have the exam in june and finding the essay question quite difficult :confused:

could you send me the booklet if you still have it please? it would be a major help!
Original post by Primmadonna
Can anyone please help me. I have an essay on ' The biological importance of water' I'm more or less blank! All I can think of is : Photosynthesis, respiration(although I'm not sure how to put in words) and transporting nutrients in the body.

Please any more ideas ? Thanks x

Osmosis, Tissue fluid, Hydrolysis, Hydration, Cooling
Reply 59
Hi can u please send me the essay booklet on [removed - please use PMs or this thread instead] thank u so much.

(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest