The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

The 'I'm Coming to Exeter' Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 600
Original post by svhtg
ahaha I haven't indeed, but thank you google maps, i'm now able to locate it! Yes i'm french, what about you?

No I'm not French, but I've lived in France quite a while so I call it home :smile: French was my mothertongue too! Which accommodation are you applying for? And what subject have you applied for? (you might have mentioned it before, so apologies if you have my memory is terrible haha)
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 601
HEEELLLOO EVERYBODAAAAY! I've firmed Exeter to do Management with Marketing (with year abroad) and applied for Self catered Rowe House! And i'm a girl! Haha.

Got an offer for AAA which I'm bricking it for as I'm predicted AAB! and hoping Exeter will realise that I love them and will give me a place anyway if I fail to get triple A! Ha!

Anyway, hopefully see you guys there in September for Fresher's!
Original post by RPM1
Nice! I'm coming from Gex...you've probably never heard of it! Are you French??:rolleyes:

I've heard of Gex! I spend my childhood in Morzine, I dunno if you have heard of it, about 1.5 hours into the mountains from Geneva... *totally off topic*
Reply 603
Original post by Alexander94
I've heard of Gex! I spend my childhood in Morzine, I dunno if you have heard of it, about 1.5 hours into the mountains from Geneva... *totally off topic*

Haha thats so cool! I go to school in Geneva so I know it well :smile: never been to Morzine though. What are you going to study at Exeter?
Original post by RPM1
Haha thats so cool! I go to school in Geneva so I know it well :smile: never been to Morzine though. What are you going to study at Exeter?

Economics :smile: What about you?
Reply 605
Original post by Alexander94
Economics :smile: What about you?

Hopefully history if I get the grades :smile:
Original post by RPM1
Hopefully history if I get the grades :smile:

Wicked! I want to do some history modules!
do you know how leniant exeter are if you dont get the grades needed... im doing four a levels. but i need 3 As to do PPE. but it looks like im going to get AAB. i also got an a* epq if that helps
Original post by qwerty1993
do you know how leniant exeter are if you dont get the grades needed... im doing four a levels. but i need 3 As to do PPE. but it looks like im going to get AAB. i also got an a* epq if that helps

Contact the university and ask them. My friend has AAB from Southampton but they told him they'd take him with ABB, maybe even BBB if they're feeling kind. I'm not sure how competitive PPE is but there is a chance you could get in with AAB, but I have no idea of the circumstances.

Edit: Oh and your brilliant EPQ mark might make them more inclined to want to accept you if you miss a grade.
Reply 609
How are people applying for accommodation? I haven't received any information on this?
Original post by Elle408
How are people applying for accommodation? I haven't received any information on this?

If you look here, it tells you the process, and you can make your application.
Reply 611
I'm coming to Exeter!!! On a gap year at the moment, and have a place to study Sport and Exercise Science starting in September. Is anyone else quite nervous?
Reply 612
Hello everyone :biggrin: I am coming to Exeter to study business management. I am extremely excited. cant wait :bigsmile:
Reply 613
Hey everyone, I'll be coming down to Exeter (Cornwall Campus) to study English in September :smile:
Original post by JodPet
Hey guys :biggrin:
I've firmed Exeter for Law - so, so, so excited!
Now just to get the grades...
Anyone else firmed Law? If so, I'd love to chat to you! Would be great to speak to some people before we all head off!

ME!!! im coming to Exeter for LLB :smile:
Just firmed Exeter for MA History! It's the only uni I applied to, so very glad I got in. Actually applied for MA Maritime History, but they've changed the program and rolled that degree into the overall MA History. Just hoping they offer maritime history courses this year. I have a list of the courses they expect to offer, but am still waiting on the department to firm up the course list and post it online! Here's hoping! Nothing like waiting until the last minute to make your students extra nervous. :eek:

Just waiting for everything to clear in the next couple days, so I can apply for accomodation. Hoping to get a studio room at Birks. I'll be at the bottom of Cardiac Hill, but I could use some exercise, so that's okay (I say that now, ask me how I feel about it in a couple months).

Anyone else postgrad History? Would love to have some fellow students to connect with when I arrive! :smile:
Reply 616
Original post by demetrisn24

coming in exeter too, for the law/maitrise program !!
Hey guys, I am starting in Exeter this year for a BA in Philosophy.
Reply 618
Original post by demetrisn24

ahhh hii!!
Cannot wait! :smile:

preparing my legs for cardiac hill :cool:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending