The Student Room Group

AQA Business Studies, UNIT 3 14th June 12

Don’t know if there is already a thread on this but basically,

Had my unit 3 business studies exam today, AQA and it was horrific. Seriously, I know for a fact I will not get an A overall and hence not get into Uni. It was genuinely my worst exam yet.

Just wondered how everyone else found it?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I FAILED! What did you get on the first 10 mark question?
Reply 2
Original post by fay101
I FAILED! What did you get on the first 10 mark question?

SAME! :frown: and I cant even remember what the first 10 mark question was...did you do the two questions at the end on communication and infrastructure? what the actual hell were they about?!
Reply 3
no... :/
Reply 4
the last question was the for and against the straegy wernt it?
Reply 5
Yeah the 34 marker
Reply 6
Ok this is very very awkward. the exam board was EDEXCEL and not AQA. hahah, this sums up by whole education really. sorry for wasting your time :')
Reply 7
what calculations did you do for the first 10 mark question :/ what did u write for the market analysis question aswell.....failed it!
Reply 8
This is what I did:

question 1: worked out ROCE for 2012 and Acid test ration to see the profitability and efficiency and compared it to 2011. Don't know if this right tho?

question 2: wrote all sorts of stuff like celebrity increased the profile of the business.
Good market research done.
Have a very innovative product and new products were made to the needs and wants of the target market.

question 3: Cant remember what I wrote lol.

question 4 : Just horrific. Didn't really have the time to write the whole answer wrote a paragraph Argument for and 2 paragraph for Against and Evaluation about a paragraph.

Btw I did an AQA exam!! Any feedbacks will be good about my answers :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Manisha93
Ok this is very very awkward. the exam board was EDEXCEL and not AQA. hahah, this sums up by whole education really. sorry for wasting your time :')

actually, it's AQA :L
Reply 10
Original post by bexstarr
actually, it's AQA :L

Lol no, I sat the EDEXCEL paper, not AQA. I'm on the wrong thread :')
Reply 11
The exam was horrid on question 1 i only did the ROCE and asset turnover :confused:
Reply 12
Original post by kritep
This is what I did:

question 1: worked out ROCE for 2012 and Acid test ration to see the profitability and efficiency and compared it to 2011. Don't know if this right tho?

question 2: wrote all sorts of stuff like celebrity increased the profile of the business.
Good market research done.
Have a very innovative product and new products were made to the needs and wants of the target market.

question 3: Cant remember what I wrote lol.

question 4 : Just horrific. Didn't really have the time to write the whole answer wrote a paragraph Argument for and 2 paragraph for Against and Evaluation about a paragraph.

Btw I did an AQA exam!! Any feedbacks will be good about my answers :smile:

Acid test measures the liquidity of the business it only asked for asset turnover and profitability didnt it?
Reply 13
Original post by jk122
Acid test measures the liquidity of the business it only asked for asset turnover and profitability didnt it?

Hmm thinking about it now i guess I'm wrong!!:L but to be in safe side I worked out the operating profit margin aswell and compared it to 2011Q!Q .

How was your other questions tho??
Reply 14
Original post by kritep
Hmm thinking about it now i guess I'm wrong!!:L but to be in safe side I worked out the operating profit margin aswell and compared it to 2011Q!Q .

How was your other questions tho??

Ahh you never know i could be wrong too i have forgotten the question they asked despite only sitting the exam 2 days ago haha.. I answered the other questions pretty poorly aswell time was a BIG issue and i thought the paper was harder than january by a mile how about you? Im kinda hoping the grade boundaries are low dont think ive even got a C :frown: How about you?
Reply 15
Same hopefully they bring the grade boundaries down!! would do wonders :smile: I need to get a C or B!! Hopefully.
Reply 16
Did the paper give forecast values for profit or revenue of the new strategy in order for us to work out ROCE for the last question?
Original post by GNL
Did the paper give forecast values for profit or revenue of the new strategy in order for us to work out ROCE for the last question?

From what I can remember, the paper only had details of 2011 and gave us figures for 2012 so we could work out that (2012) year's figures. So, I think it only allowed us to compare and contrast the 2011 and 2012's figures. This was on the AQA paper (not the edexcel).
Reply 18
Can anyone tell me what they wrote for the last question For and Against please?
And how did unit 4 go?
Reply 19
Original post by masterwayne10
From what I can remember, the paper only had details of 2011 and gave us figures for 2012 so we could work out that (2012) year's figures. So, I think it only allowed us to compare and contrast the 2011 and 2012's figures. This was on the AQA paper (not the edexcel).

Ok thanks! So we didn't have to work out ROCE for the proposed 2012 strategy? What calculations did you do for the last question then?

Quick Reply